E3 2014

villa4europe

A lot more sites reporting that the Halo remakes are all but confirmed. Halo 2 was one of the best fps i've ever played. I just hope they don't mess around with the multiplayer too much. Hope it's true.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/05/16/halo-the-master-chief-collection/

Master Chief is getting a facelift with an HD collection of his exploits. We've learned that Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3 and Halo 4 are being collected in a Master Chief-focused HD remaster coming from Microsoft. Our sources say that the set will zero in on Halo's most famous soldier to refresh audience's memories ahead of Halo 5's release, so curiosities like Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach likely won't be a part of the package. The game's developer is unknown at this point, but considering that Saber Interactive handled Combat Evolved Anniversary and is also working on an unannounced Xbox One project, the team is a likely suspect. Also unclear are plans for digital distribution, resolution and frame-rate (Microsoft bragged that will run at the next Halo will run at a "blistering" 60fps), piecemeal releases, or if the games will surface on other platforms as well (PC, anyone?).

Microsoft has gone on record saying that it would love to have Halo release more than once every three years. Its used different developers to fill that task since, but we're still pushing two years since Halo 4 launched. To commemorate the first game's tenth birthday, Microsoft released Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary for the Xbox 360, which served as a stop-gap for the 343 Industries-developed Halo 4; there's precedent for this sort of thing. This remake makes a lot of sense for Redmond for a couple of different reasons: it satisfies the more-frequent release desire and it helps fans get caught up on the story. It also gives them the chance to re-experience some of the best console shooters with better looks and sound -- everyone wins!

Edited by Daniel

Can't wait to see Uncharted, praying that they're keeping Drake as the Protagonist.

Also wonder if EA will have anymore on Battlefront.

Edited by Bradd92

Can't wait to see Uncharted, praying that they're keeping Drake as the Protagonist.

I hope not.  Next gen should mean new franchises, not endless sequels of old ones made by different people to the ones who made the original games great.  Amy Hennig left Naughty Dog recently, presumably to get away from having to churn out yet another Uncharted game. 

I presume Battlefront will be released in 2015 to coincide with the new Star Wars movie.  The OG Xbox game from about ten years ago was great, hopefully they can recapture that. 

Edited by The_Rev
  • Like 1

I hope not.  Next gen should mean new franchises, not endless sequels of old ones made by different people to the ones who made the original games great.  Amy Hennig left Naughty Dog recently, presumably to get away from having to churn out yet another Uncharted game. 

Disagree, Neil Druckmann is heading up Uncharted 4 (The guy who was Creative Director on TLOU) He was also Lead Designer on Uncharted 2 which most people see as the best Uncharted game, after Uncharted 2 he started working on TLOU and left Amy Hennig to work on Uncharted 3 which i feel was the weakest of the 3 games but none of this matters as it's already confirmed its there as Sony's Presentation.

Edited by Bradd92

There was a rumour that TLOU was going to be out this Friday, it makes sense and I really hope it happens because there's not a lot out there at the moment and I've heard it's amazing.

If Rockstar sellout to anyone, I'm done with gaming.

Its business at the end of the day, I wouldn't put it past any of the major developers/publishers

There was a rumour that TLOU was going to be out this Friday, it makes sense and I really hope it happens because there's not a lot out there at the moment and I've heard it's amazing.

Fantastic game

They sold 33m GTA V copies, probably more by now. They will probably get another 10m from the new consoles and PC. There's no reason to sell out and give exclusivity.

They're one of the only developers I trust with every game they bring out, so it better not be true.

I'll be buying that if it is! 

And it didn't turn out very well for them.    How much money would Microsoft have to pony up to get an exclusive?  You'd assume a next gen Red Dead or GTA will sell more on PS4 than it will on Xbone given the current installed bases of each console so we would be talking tens of millions. 

Â