Group G: GER POR GHA USA

limpid

One thing I haven't seen printed anywhere considering how much hype the world cup is getting...what happens if teams finish level on points in the group, is it head to head or goal difference that decides placing? Fifa seem to change this every tournament. This could be crucial given the thumpings Portugal and Spain have recievedv first up.

Shame the game's ruined by ref getting 2 penalty calls wrong, in the favour of the same team. Oh and of course Pepe.

I think the German penalty was nailed on. Portugal should have had one but it was academic at that point anyway. 

One thing I haven't seen printed anywhere considering how much hype the world cup is getting...what happens if teams finish level on points in the group, is it head to head or goal difference that decides placing? Fifa seem to change this every tournament. This could be crucial given the thumpings Portugal and Spain have recievedv first up.

Goal difference this year

Goal difference, goals scored, head to head result, drawing of lots (in that order).

Shame the game's ruined by ref getting 2 penalty calls wrong, in the favour of the same team. Oh and of course Pepe.

I think the German penalty was nailed on. Portugal should have had one but it was academic at that point anyway. 

Both were shoulder to shoulder for the ball, Gotze stretched and couldn't reach it, was nothing more than that IMO.

Pepe getting sent off was the most telling factor. Put aside the bitterness and you'll see Germany were by far the better team before the sending off, regardless of a (correct) penalty decision.

Pepe getting sent off was the most telling factor. Put aside the bitterness and you'll see Germany were by far the better team before the sending off, regardless of a (correct) penalty decision.

I disagree about the penalty, but I agree Pepe getting sent off was the biggest reason and were the better team. Doesn't change the fact, as usual, they get all the big calls.