Group G: GER POR GHA USA

limpid

Me too. I do have German heritage though.

How many times did the commentators call the German's efficient in the game? 

yeah but but but they're all polish and turkish!!

i think in footballing terms you cant help but admire how they do what they do, seemingly from top to bottom

Yeah, German football has a very good setup in seemingly everything. There's a lot in place for both the domestic league and national team to do well.

It's not an unpopular opinion anymore. The German people have shaken off their post war image of being arrogant, serious and racist. It's a new Germany now.

A lot more likeable now the team is Polish. ;)

Ghana have the best hair at this World Cup as a collective. I know there's a few who have individual plaudits in other teams.

Also, I love Clarence Seedorf. Don't want him to 'Seed Orf'

Plus, U.S.A either have the best hair or no hair.

EDITS -  This is a real match for the hair fans....VA

Robbie Savage commentating!?....Mute.

Edited by 8pints

any yanks tell me the opinion on guzan v howard in the states?

im sat here thinking guzan is a better player, howard is a nike poster boy, will only end one way, hoping guzan will get a game but i cant see it

Goaltending is all based off reputation. It's really the one position that you can underperform of overperform and outside of people who watch every week, no one will notice. It's why people still think casillas is really good. (Or at least did until Friday)

Howard started for a really good side this year, and has been good in the past, so off his rep people just assume he's better than Guzan. They also look at the shit team Guzan plays in and ignore all the amazing saves he's made.

Not to say howard hasn't been good. He has. But Guzan is a better keeper at this point to me.