Group F: ARG BIH IRN NGA

limpid

How come Spain and Holland had to both wear away shirts... But Bosnia and Argentina are both allowed to wear blue?

I think it's down to FIFA's designation of "light" and "dark" shirts.

Then how come Switzerland were in red and ecuador were in Blue earlier?

Surely Blue must be "dark" as their other kit is yellow, so does that mean red is "light"?

But then Switzerland's away kit is white, so does that mean white is "dark"?

I'm being slightly facetious. My point is those kit rules seem to be nonsense.

Edited by Stevo985

Messi has been marked out of the game so far, has not looked anywhere near the same player since his hamstring injuries before Christmas.

To be honest he wasn't doing that great before the injuries. He looks like a different player, you see a glimmer of the dribbling but instead of going with his usual killer instinct, he just tries to pass it or loses the ball. He should be coming into his prime, god knows what has happened to him.
He had several muscular injuries at the end of last season before the hamstring. Been just world class and not one of the best players ever since then.

41 goals in 46 games last season.

"He was rotten last season" - Paul Merson

:rolleyes:

That game proved why Argentina wont win the World Cup. No point in having Di Maria, Aguero, Messi and Higuain if you cant give them the ball. Gago did ok last night but against the best teams they need a player of better quality like a Pirlo, Modric or Xavi

That game proved why Argentina wont win the World Cup. No point in having Di Maria, Aguero, Messi and Higuain if you cant give them the ball. Gago did ok last night but against the best teams they need a player of better quality like a Pirlo, Modric or Xavi

They never got out of second gear apart from a few flashes.

They can still win, but early for that sort of chat

Went to bed at half time but the Argies were average in the first half. This game has cemented my view that these 2 teams will be going through to the knock out stages which means Nigeria and Iran out. 

My point is those kit rules seem to be nonsense.

You are right, with my cynical hat on I'd suggest Spain playing in white was more down to Adidas trying to flog more replica kits than any laughable "contrast" reasons they'd care to use.

Argentina were disappointing considering the reputation of their players and B&H were pretty damned good bearing in mind their population of 3.5m.

The Bosnians/Balkans produce a disproportionate amount of excellent footballers, even if most of them seem to be playing for Switzerland, these days. :)

Edited by MakemineVanilla

People ruling out Nigeria before they've kicked a ball. They're a good team, physical, and don't concede many.

Their warm up results have been horrible and I can't stand them anyway.

That's harsh, they're pretty good considering the average age of the team is 47

• Like 1