Group B: SPA NED CHI AUS

limpid

Maybe Australia will also give Spain a run for their money... At the end of the day its a win for Chile. Now Spain have a lot of work to do to qualify. Could go down to goal difference and with a defecit of 4 goals Spain are in a poor position,

Talk of the end of an era for Spain. Slightly premature I think.

Got thumped in the confed' cup final, destroyed by the Dutch; Barca - who the Spain team are built around - was demolished last year in the CL by Bayern and this season won nothing.

Does look a bit like Spain's fall from grace is pretty much a done deal.

• Like 2

Holland were amazing against Spain. RobbenandRvP will demolish defenses that arent fully disciplined Spain were embarrassing, Ramos the worst of the lot. Suddenly Holland look the team to beat

Chile have give Spain a real run for their money last couple of times they've played, Spain needing late goals to get anything out of it. Hopefully be a cracking game.[/quote

cant wait

Consistency is the key. Thrashed World Champions Italy and runners up, France in the group stages of Euro 2008. Went out to Russia.

This ^ But Robben just wow, apparently clocked at  37 km/h to burn Ramos, then finished as he did, then when celebrating looked fresh!

Also spain looked comfortable and at times penetrative throughout the 1st half and into the 2nd before total capitulation. Chile/spain is gonna be interesting 

Spain vs Chile has potential to go anyway. Spain have the ball retention to get at Chile and Chile have blistering pace. They need to drop Pique he was the worst player for them and maybe put Martinez into the defence next to Ramos

All comes down to Spain v Chile. Winners will progress, and I think it will be Spain 

Depends on the Holland Chile game as well. Spain could win both remaining games and still not qualify.

Edited by PaulC

All comes down to Spain v Chile. Winners will progress, and I think it will be Spain 

Depends on the Holland Chile game as well

You're right. I wrongly assumed Netherlands would beat Chile, when in fact it could go either way.