Group B: SPA NED CHI AUS

limpid

Good effort by the Aussie boys but well outclassed. Ange had his tactics right once again but we lacked players with sufficient quality and intelligence to hurt them. That front three of Leckie, Oar and Halloran has pace to burn but lacking in footwork and as dumb as a box of rocks.

As poor as Spain have been in this World Cup the fact that they were able to bring on Fabregas, David Silva and Juan Mata from the bench says it all really.

Aussies well out of their depth but still played with plenty of ambition and aggression.

If we can unearth a decent goal scorer to replace Cahill and a creative mid to replace Bresciano (and please, God, not Mitch Nichols), we should be back bigger and stronger in 4 years.
  • Like 3

Well, you have arguably the nicest kit at the World Cup

still think that goes to Russia.

Although they're probably the most boring team at the tournament so it seems unfair to give them that honour.

mexico wrestler effort for me

this aussie kit is a rip off of the previous brazil shirt, i preferred the last one with the green on the shoulders and white line across the chest 

Whoa, whoa, whoa... As a fan of Australia and 1970s football... and being the main classic kit creator for the famed PES Classic Option File (wow, years ago!), I must point out that this Australia kit is based on their 1974 World Cup qualification kit

soc-australia.jpg

• Like 2