Group A: BRZ CRO MEX CMR

limpid

I thought the ref was very poor, and wouldn't be surprised if an eye was on the unrest in Brazil and it was thought it'd be better all round if they just won. But two of the decision I can understand - the foul on the keeper shouldn't be a foul, but in modern day football, that's going to be given more often than not. The 'elbow' wasn't a real elbow, and you'd be annoyed if a Villa player got sent off for the same thing. One of the big one's I thought though that no one seems to have mentioned is when Olic (I think) got his legs clipped when through on goal and went flying. That was a red for me (TM Andy Townsend).

Yeah that was a bad one.

In the ref's defence, from one angle it did look like Olic had fallen over his own feet. But it was a definite foul.

Not sure about it being red. Think Cesar may have gotten to the ball anyway? I'd have to see it again.

What annoyed me was Townsend saying it wasn't a foul because it was unintentional!

Last night's penalty may have been soft, which I take to mean as being brought about by a minor and unnecessary foul. 

However, my understanding of the rules is that one should neither hold on to a player from behind, nor pull his shirt... to do so is clearly a foul... and to do so in the penalty area is clearly a penalty. 

The Croatians shoud direct their anger at their No 6... not the referee.

Last night's penalty may have been soft, which I take to mean as being brought about by a minor and unnecessary foul. 

However, my understanding of the rules is that one should neither hold on to a player from behind, nor pull his shirt... to do so is clearly a foul... and to do so in the penalty area is clearly a penalty. 

They're angry at the ref cos it weren't a foul;putting your hands on someone does not mean you're pushing, pulling or holding them. Not the Croatians fault the ref fell for the dive from the cheat.

Excellent moustache on Luiz Gustavo, might I add. Looked like a Jazz musician from a bygone era.

Or even this chap:

Lou+Bega+-+Mambo+No+5+%5BA+Little+Bit+Of

Brazil didn't impress me last night at all. Might just be first game nerves but they will need to up their game

Also, I just don't like Neymar. Can't warm, to him at all.

Brazil didn't impress me last night at all. Might just be first game nerves but they will need to up their game

Also, I just don't like Neymar. Can't warm, to him at all.

I think one of the problems with Brazil is that their increasing familiarity diminishes their mystique.

Whether in the Champions League or playing for Premier League clubs, they increasingly arrive with great fanfare and then disappoint.

This certainly applies to most of last night's team.

I am not sure Neymar has really lived up to expectations at Barce.

Fair enough, but penalty areas these days are full of players virtually throttling each other at set pieces. Ref's have either gotta clamp down on it both ways or not give anything at all and let them get on with it. It's turning into rugby where there's that much going on in a ruck that you wonder how on earth the ref can decide which offence to give. 

That decision last night was ropey to say the least. A guy the size of Fred shouldn't be throwing himself about like a spoiled girl just because another player puts his hand on his shoulder. Cheating get

another mistake...

and i think natal is in the north where its nice, just a storm

and clarke in the 1st minute, cameroon will dominate this game because of their size and strength in the middle of the park... yeah ok, could say something about it being the stereotypical english football mentality, no doubt they'll do something but cameroon look shit so far

Edited by villa4europe