Group A: BRZ CRO MEX CMR

limpid

2nd goal was the right call. It was great reffing by the linesman. He was off.

Touch came off the defender...

Unintentionally so the offside rule still applies. 

what? he was onside when the initial ball came in, he was offside when the cameroon player flicked it on, but because the cameroon player didnt mean to flick it on then that's offside? since when?!

and why does a bloke jumping for a ball, misjudging the flight of the ball and getting a shit touch on it make it unintentional? if he's jumped towards the ball, thrown his head at the ball and made contact with the ball then id happily argue it was intentional 

Oh sorry I initially thought the Mexican player was somehow offside when the ball was kicked. You're right then. Should be 2-0.

urgh talking of challenges again

waste of time, still 1 guys opinion, the neymar red card last night, 1 guy watches that 100 times in slow mo and makes a decision that people still wont agree with

better example, the suarez dive vs us, you can watch that as many times as you like, all you'll have afterwards is an opinion, and opinions are like assholes...

Last night's penalty may have been soft, which I take to mean as being brought about by a minor and unnecessary foul. 

However, my understanding of the rules is that one should neither hold on to a player from behind, nor pull his shirt... to do so is clearly a foul... and to do so in the penalty area is clearly a penalty. 

The Croatians shoud direct their anger at their No 6... not the referee.

Fair enough, but penalty areas these days are full of players virtually throttling each other at set pieces. Ref's have either gotta clamp down on it both ways or not give anything at all and let them get on with it. It's turning into rugby where there's that much going on in a ruck that you wonder how on earth the ref can decide which offence to give. 

That decision last night was ropey to say the least. A guy the size of Fred shouldn't be throwing himself about like a spoiled girl just because another player puts his hand on his shoulder. Cheating get

I have some sympathy with this view point... the decision would, more often than not, have gone the other way.

However, shirt tugging is most definitely a foul and last night the real cheat got caught.

Back in 2006 there was a topic called 'Trial by TV?' 

I can't now remember if I started it or not, but I was virtually the only supporter of the idea, and for a while thereafter I was known as such. 

Not for the first time in my life, public opinion eventually followed me, especially in 2010 after the Lampard 'goal'; though it should be said that in 2006 we were more concerned with offsides and penalties than goal line technology.

This game has become a total farce... Mexico should be leading 2-0. 

• Like 1

2 games, both with crap officiating...I think FIFA will finally buckle to the pressure and adopt some form of a challenge/video replay system. Teams fight and claw for 4 years to get to this point deserve much better than this. Pro players vs amateur officials. Terrible.