The Careers/Jobs thread

Tayls

44 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Tamworth

Ahhh yeah, I remember you saying she worked for a supermarket. The HQ near Atherstone?

Ashbourne is perfect then - equidistant! Plus the drive to Manchester from there is through some wonderful countryside

Good luck with the job! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Xela said:

Ahhh yeah, I remember you saying she worked for a supermarket. The HQ near Atherstone?

Ashbourne is perfect then - equidistant! Plus the drive to Manchester from there is through some wonderful countryside

Good luck with the job! 

Yeah that's the one.

Ashbourne looks nice but still miles for us both to commute.

I dunno. If I get an interview I'll have a serious look at places. It's all pie in the sky at the moment

9 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

I've decided that my career path needs to be as a self employed business owner. I have set everything up and will build it alongside my current ft employment.

My confidence was shattered by the time I closed my last business. The place I once lived is filled with bitter people. I moved away and my confidence has come back to me and I really want to make an effort to make my plan work, I want to be an ethical business with eyes on the impact on the world. I want to work with good people with good values. 

Kind of nervous about starting all over again. But 20 years ago I was a lost soul with nothing and I have built myself up into somebody I am now proud of. I can look in the mirror now. 

COVID though, it'll be a tough start.

Good luck with it all - sounds like you are in a positive place.

tenor.gif?itemid=4606161

• Like 1

I've just asked my manager for a chat about my salary.  

Meeting booked in for after 1 today, never done this before and sending that message was me hovering over the send button for about 2 minutes.

Nervously excited. 

Expect nothing! :lol:  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

Meeting booked in for after 1 today, never done this before and sending that message was me hovering over the send button for about 2 minutes.

Nervously excited. 

Good luck! 

• Thanks 1

Speaking of work, I have created a postcard for a Christmas campaign. I would like an “outsiders” view on it as design isn’t my strength.

Anybody fancy having a look and giving an honest view, DM me. 🥰

22 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Nervously excited. 

Good luck 💪

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/09/2020 at 09:26, Stevo985 said:

The problem would be the other half. She loves her job and wouldn't want to leave it. She's happy for me to go for the job but is talking about moving somewhere halfway between the two cities and commuting but I'm not sure I want to live in Stoke, which is the obvious choice.

Simple - get a new wife/partner. 😜

• Like 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

I'm not sure whether or not to "like" that :D 

I didn't really think I would get one. I think I could have done the job, but the job was Finance Business Partner at Manchester City FC so the competition, especially at the moment, would have been ridiculous. 

19 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I didn't really think I would get one. I think I could have done the job, but the job was Finance Business Partner at Manchester City FC so the competition, especially at the moment, would have been ridiculous. 

So you could have moved a decimal point in the buyback clause when Man City try to take Luiz back from us? 😀

Edited by ender4
  • Like 1

Â