Midweek football 20/24 April

andykeenan

That was absolute anti-football. To think Lambert gets a huge amount of criticism for his style of football, at least he doesn't have world class players at his disposal. Chelsea are an embarrassment.

In isolation the the game was boring and Chelsea was playing destructive. However, are you a fool or are you just trying to be one for the sake of it?

It's about winning the Champions League, it doesn't matter how you play the game in the end. By playing like that away from home, the chances are extremely high for the game to be without many goals and that benefits Chelsea at home next week. Mourinho has won the Champions League twice and you can bet your ass he will win it again in his career. Mourinho chooses to play like this, but he also knows how to score lots of goals with his teams. This season they have played without a good striker and that's why they really have to think differently, especially in big games. If they had someone like Drogba they would risk a bit more, but this was pure tactical genius. Everyone knew it before the game, still he managed to play 0-0. The difference with Lambert is that we play like that even if it's at home to Fulham or away to Man City, basically he doesn't know what he's going to get each game.

• Like 1

That was absolute anti-football. To think Lambert gets a huge amount of criticism for his style of football, at least he doesn't have world class players at his disposal. Chelsea are an embarrassment.

Got the desired result though. More than we can say for our manager most of the time. 

Got the desired result though. More than we can say for our manager most of the time.

that's the thing.

I continually preach that there is no such thing as the right way to play.

Last night's display got Chelsea a result. Therefore it was good football.

If they'd have gone out and played beautiful flowing football they may very well have lost. It won them the champions league a couple of years ago.

Its not an embarrassment, its intelligent.

• Like 1

An alleged professional commentator who pronounces Real Madrid's "Real" as the English word.

That doesn't bother me too much to be honest. It kinda annoyes me when it's the other way round, like when English commentators call Cazorla "Cathhorla"

• Like 1

Yeah I don't understand why sky never offer the la liga team on the red button when they do CL games

I also don't understand how people who get paid to watch football always come across as of they don't watch any, if you paid me £30k a year I reckon I'd watch 10-15 games a week, real v bayern in the CL semi final, I'd have watched both teams 40 times this season, Gary Neville who is one of the best we have sounds like this is the 2nd or 3rd time he's watched each team

Edited by villa4europe

Madrid should be 3 up.

Bayern = 500 passes, ending in an over-hit cross. Sounds familiar.

Without Messi, Guardiolas teams are clueless
lol

Champions league semi final. Won the bundesliga in march. Undefeated for 50 odd games.

Clueless. I'd **** love to be even half as clueless as that.

• Like 3

Â