Midweek football 20/24 April

andykeenan

The onus is on Chelsea next week, like it was against Sunderland. Atletico are a tough team to break down and can counter like no other.

I think it could be a score draw, with Atletico going through on away goals, 1-1.

Edited by AVFCforever1991

What utter drivel from Chelsea. Mourinho always attacks managers when they put 10 behind the ball yet he does it every **** big game. T-sser.

Edited by Avfc96

"Go on hit the target, hit the target"

**** off Townsend, not a clue how he still has a job

He's a **** clown isn't he. He's like this in the England matches as well, who would have thought that he amassed 70 caps for Ireland. 

Still, it was quite satisfying to see John Terry in agony. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

That was absolute anti-football. To think Lambert gets a huge amount of criticism for his style of football, at least he doesn't have world class players at his disposal. Chelsea are an embarrassment.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

I know what you're saying but would any other "big" team in Europe do that other than a mourinho team?

Probably not. But that's also possibly part of the reason he's won the CL with multiple teams. He knows how to set up his teams incredibly well, especially away.

Edited by kurtsimonw

I know what you're saying but would any other "big" team in Europe do that other than a mourinho team?

Probably not. But that's also possibly part of the reason he's won the CL with multiple teams. He knows how to set up his teams incredibly well, especially away.

I agree that in terms of restricting the opposition he got it spot on and his record in europe is wonderful because of his unquestionable tactical ability. What grates though (as avfc96 mentioned above) is his constant criticism of opposing managers that employ the same tactics when facing Chelsea. Tony pullis isn't exactly a diciple of the beautiful game but at least he hasn't got the brass neck claim otherwise. So i think for most people its not necessarily the tactics that get on peoples tits, rather the hypocritical ramblings of a bad loser.

Â