Midweek football 20/24 April

andykeenan

People still pay far too much attention to posession, means **** all if you arent creating chances to score. For all the plaudits Pep gets i find it so boring to watch. Yawn.

Only 1 team has had good chances and should be atleast 3-0 up and it isnt the team making 500 2 meter passes and crossing endlessly.

Madrid should be 3 up.

Bayern = 500 passes, ending in an over-hit cross. Sounds familiar.

Without Messi, Guardiolas teams are clueless
lol

Champions league semi final. Won the bundesliga in march. Undefeated for 50 odd games.

Clueless. I'd **** love to be even half as clueless as that.

Certainly not clueless, but good teams can suss 'tiki-taka' out. It isn't easy, but it isn't as all-conquering as it was when it first came onto the scene.

Added to that, regardless of tactics, it is a lot easier to dominate a league if you out spend everyone, and poach your rivals' best players.

The big difference is Messi, of course. He gives you directness through the middle of the pitch. Only Goatse can do that for this Bayern team imo.

Pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, cross, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, cross, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass

I think its Real that have been boring. Sitting back at home, just playing on the counter. 

Not at all, Bayern force that on you because of the way they play. Bayern were predictable and mind numbingly boring.

Absolutely. He's successful, but my God Guardiola's teams are dull. I'd take counter attack over seeing 500 passess between the 2 CMs any day.

Â