New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

The nostalgia thing is very real, because I like the 90s era logo with the separate banner for Prepared much more than either the 80s or 2000s logos.

I like the badge shape and I like the older style lion.

Aston_Villa_FC_logo_%281992-2000%29.png

I don't really get the feeling we'll get a round badge. I have nothing to base that on really apart from them talking about something individual to us and befitting the long history of the club. I think it'll be a shield.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

The nostalgia thing is very real, because I like the 90s era logo with the separate banner for Prepared much more than either the 80s or 2000s logos.

I like the badge shape and I like the older style lion.

Aston_Villa_FC_logo_%281992-2000%29.png

I don't really get the feeling we'll get a round badge. I have nothing to base that on really apart from them talking about something individual to us and befitting the long history of the club. I think it'll be a shield.

That one is yet another example on the internet of a wrong version.  The Prepared scroll was blue, the lion was larger and the stripe furthest to the right was claret.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

That one is yet another example on the internet of a wrong version.  The Prepared scroll was blue, the lion was larger and the stripe furthest to the right was claret.

And it was still shit!

• Haha 1

On 28/10/2022 at 16:24, maqroll said:

I've always loved the PREPARED motto, even if it wasn't always true. 😆

Personally I'd go back to FORWARD (which I didn't know was our previous motto), as it speaks more generally of Birmingham itself. Prepared just isn't right for me; so much potential for piss-taking and just seems kind of limp .

On 28/10/2022 at 11:36, AvonVillain said:

Amazed at the reaction the current badge gets. I'm excited to see a new badge - especially now to exorcise the last 12 months - but I don't feel the current design deserves such vitriol. It's perfectly fine, surely? Or maybe 'perfectly fine' in this age of extreme language does mean 'dog shit'. Odd.

No it really is dogshit. 

Better than it was with the tweaks, but it's still shit

• Shocked 1

20 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Am I alone in that I don't really care what it looks like?  

I just want it to not be shit. 

I don’t particularly care which direction the club takes it in. I just want it to look like a proper badge, not something a 6 year old knocked up on MS Paint

4 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Lol such an unnecessarily aggressive take on the badge.

To be honest i'm almost as passionate as him about it lol

I reckon some people, especially people who are creatives (Or naturally have a creative eye) or in any sort of creative space may see what other people don't ( Or just aren't bothered about ).

It's quite bad. lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Lol such an unnecessarily aggressive take on the badge.

He’s right though. It’s complete garbage. Some badges are sort of bad but ours is heinous and looks hilariously stupid.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be honest i'm almost as passionate as him about it lol

I reckon some people, especially people who are creatives (Or naturally have a creative eye) or in any sort of creative space may see what other people don't ( Or just aren't bothered about ).

It's quite bad. lol

Lol well here’s a graphic designers take on PL badges:

RANKED: EVERY PREMIER LEAGUE CREST OF THE 2022 SEASON

https://www.kokopelliagency.com/blog/ranked-every-premier-league-crest-of-the-2020-season

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Spoony said:

He’s right though. It’s complete garbage. Some badges are sort of bad but ours is heinous and looks hilariously stupid.

It’s so fascinating seeing how upset this badge makes people. It’s really not that bad. You’d be surprised at how many outsiders think ours isn’t that bad.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Link not working for me for some reason. ( Getting an access denied message )

Anyway, think I said yesterday, the colour balance is what I think probably drives some up the wall.

It looks a million times better in monotone colors and actually quite nice.

They also look ok in the flesh.

But the full badge, especially on digital platforms looks horrible.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Link not working for me for some reason. ( Getting an access denied message )

Anyway, think I said yesterday, the colour balance is what I think probably drives some up the wall.

It looks a million times better in monotone colors and actually quite nice.

They also look ok in the flesh.

But the full badge, especially on digital platforms looks horrible.

Maybe it’s because it’s a US link? Weird though but here’s where ours ranks:

3. Aston Villa  

If you told me a crest had four colors, a lion, a star, initials, and a shield shape, my knee-jerk response is that it sounds too busy, but this is one of the badges that actually kinda works.  

The shapes are simplified enough that every element remains clear, and there’s actually plenty of negative space within the badge. The shield projects strength, and the rampant lion screams ferocity. 

A couple years ago, the badge featured the word “Prepared” under the lion, but it was wisely removed. For a team that barely escaped being relegated to a lower-tier league last season, it’s probably best to not make promises like that

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

I know it's not to everyone's taste but I like this modern change . Third one down .

spacer.png

I'd rather stick with our current version than any of these, and it's not even close.