New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, sne said:

Think most of them looks like something you get on a video game that doesn't have naming or brand rights to use the real ones.

Only the City and Red Bull ones are OK imo and those are European franchises. But I guess so will Las Vegas be.

Dumb And Dumber Jim Carrey GIF - Dumb And Dumber Jim Carrey Lloyd -  Discover & Share GIFs

15 hours ago, mrchnry said:

This was my attempt last year when I was bored at home with covid. I still like it. 

villahome.thumb.png.021793a7b9a0d95b9082c05007218aec.png

Pretty good 👌 I like the shield inside the circle, even though Man City do that. I'd add 18/74 on either side as well. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sne said:

Why does the star need to be white? Can't it be gold/yellow as well like the rest of the badge.

Looks goofy with that white dot. And I'm not a huge fan of the placing of it either, looks like it's about to hit the lion in the noggin.

The "original" current badge under Lerner looked like a cat playing with a ball or something. At least they made it look a bit more like a lion in some of the subsequent changes

• Like 2

On 24/06/2022 at 11:55, juanpablosaliceband said:

I can see them going for a 3D lion. 

I've got visions of Purslow driving around West Midlands Safari Park with a tranquilliser gun now.😀

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

In the colours they’ve chosen yes but in the old Villa shades of claret and blue it will be fine 

Ah, ok, I can't quite picture that, but you could well be right 

49 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Pretty good 👌 I like the shield inside the circle, even though Man City do that. I'd add 18/74 on either side as well. 

You know what, I didn't notice the Man City shield in a circle. Now I hate this design. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, mrchnry said:

You know what, I didn't notice the Man City shield in a circle. Now I hate this design. 

"That guy from school that I hate has a gorgeous missus. I'm going off to fine me a fugly one."

• Haha 1

I’m concerned about throwing this open to the fans online. Plenty of saddos out there who would hijack it and also this didn’t work before. I’d be up for a consultation with proven season ticket holders (I’m not one but I’m pretty sure most bona dude Villa fans have the same opinions or similar on the badge) to avoid an online assault picking garbage options. The current crest is a result of fan consultation and it’s garbage. 

22 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The one thing about the current badge that is perfect is the lion. That really doesn't need to be touched imo. It looks great on the shirts, especially the properly detailed version on the fan shirts. 

It's the rest of the badge that needs improving

Agreed. The reworked lion was very well done, we shouldn't mess with it. Just sort the colours out, sort the name out and decide what shape (if any) should contain the lion.

• Like 1

I've never been sold on going back to the circle badge, it's been a shield my entire life and I actually quite like the current one (albeit a few quibbles like the border should be claret and the lion and background should contrast more), plus I've always been worried we'd end up with a City knock off badge as the trend has been for a lot of clubs recently, but have to say if we end up with something like these top two from twitter I'd be quite happy. Just need to drop the shadow effect from the Lions and they'd be perfect.

Although **** the actual rip off of Man City's third kit badge :puke:

1 hour ago, mrchnry said:

I think we're more likely to see the lion on its own without a shield or a circle. Much like how Liverpools badge is on their shirts. 

It'll be a circle because the fan survey will skew towards circle and a circle works with social media stuff.

10 minutes ago, maqroll said:

It'll be a circle because the fan survey will skew towards circle and a circle works with social media stuff.

Was thinking this, you'll notice pretty much ALL social media profile pic templates etc are circular.

So the circle natrlurally fits.

Edit: Wouldn't surprise me if they pretty much already know what they are going to do, but just trying to make us feel involved 😂

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1