$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

The only thing that worries me still was the recent 2 freebie signings? If a takeover was that close why would these happen?

Because it would be foolish for the club to suspend all transfer activity until a takeover. What if it doesn't happen until August or what if a deal falls through? It even said in Lerner's statement that the club would continue to function as normal until the club is sold. It's just common sense.

• Like 1

The only thing that worries me still was the recent 2 freebie signings? If a takeover was that close why would these happen?

Because it would be foolish for the club to suspend all transfer activity until a takeover. What if it doesn't happen until August or what if a deal falls through? It even said in Lerner's statement that the club would continue to function as normal until the club is sold. It's just common sense.

Common sense is in short supply on VT.

• Like 1

Thanks for even more insight Abdul, I actually think if Al-Baltan comes through it could be exciting times ahead. Prepared for a big let down though, of course.

No problem, I'm trying to look at it from all the views and try discussing it too.

Same goes with me, I also fear that he would do the same as Lerner did. I'm hoping if things went through that he get's advices from Faulkner and the whole board. We don't want to go through the same mistake. I also think that we're in a very good position to push on. Unlike many fans, I think we have a reasonable to a good squad. We lack couple of players that would cement us as a Top 9 side. But avoiding injuries and some bad tactics, I think we're around Top 10 squad with a reasonable wage bell. So getting two to three quality players in areas we need could do better than getting 6 players from what we used to get under MON. I think we need to have a plan that in 2-3 year's we're a top 6 side (atleast to compete there). And I think our current board understand that, but they understood it lately.

• Like 1

Abdul nothing new today then?

From what I think as I said before it's in the last stages, and might be even just finalizing things. I'm trying to figure out about the partners. how long might it takes and wether it's already sold (or agreed on everything) or not yet.

Because I read here in VT that Man City when they were bought it took some time to finalize lawer papers and these kind of things.

Well I certainly hope something happens sooner rather than later as it is getting pretty depressing seeing West Ham sign the likes of Kouyate and hearing their Chairman talking about signing "at least 4 more players".

Our club needs a big lift before the season starts. Fingers, toes and balls are all crossed.

Chris Barnes is being wound up by his mate.

Yeah having spoke to him he 100% believes it all.

Omariqy being wound up by Chris Barnes and his mate.

Haha.  Look I did wonder at first but I didn't read all his posts about Joe Cole and when I found out who his mate actually was I was pretty flabbergasted.  He's a local businessman who owns a hair salon.  I mean come on, how in the hell could he ever buy Villa. 

• Like 1

Durrr then the takeover is not close and a done deal as suggested by some? It's therefore common sense that a takeover is some way away IMO! No final negotiations, no offers on the table even, maybe some initial  enquiries but no further than that? 

Durrr then the takeover is not close and a done deal as suggested by some? It's therefore common sense that a takeover is some way away IMO! No final negotiations, no offers on the table even, maybe some initial  enquiries but no further than that? 

What are you durrring at? The only thing we can get from that is that a takeover is not pretty much done. It certainly doesn't mean that the takeover process isn't at a fairly advanced stage. These things take weeks. It's better to bring in a couple of freebies and not need them much than not bring in anybody at all and be stuck with nothing at the start of the new season.

From what I think as I said before it's in the last stages, and might be even just finalizing things. I'm trying to figure out about the partners. how long might it takes and wether it's already sold (or agreed on everything) or not yet.

Because I read here in VT that Man City when they were bought it took some time to finalize lawer papers and these kind of things.

Abdul are you getting your info from your local media or do you have inside knowledge with potential buyers camp?

Abdul are you getting your info from your local media or do you have inside knowledge with potential buyers camp?

Inside knowledge, The media haven't said anything other than quoting what Al-Baltan said about buying an English team. I don't remember it saying more (maybe a prediction as the only PL team for sale is Villa).

I don't usually take anything from the media seriously unless it had quotes (either locally or internationally).

I've put a post couple of pages ago about which makes me thinks that this deal is on with more details.

What are you durrring at? The only thing we can get from that is that a takeover is not pretty much done. It certainly doesn't mean that the takeover process isn't at a fairly advanced stage. These things take weeks. It's better to bring in a couple of freebies and not need them much than not bring in anybody at all and be stuck with nothing at the start of the new season.

Not trying to start an argument, but is there that big of a difference between 'pretty much done' and 'at a fairly advanced stage'?

Not trying to start an argument, but is there that big of a difference between 'pretty much done' and 'at a fairly advanced stage'?

Definitely. Something can be at an advanced stage but still be weeks away.

Inside knowledge, The media haven't said anything other than quoting what Al-Baltan said about buying an English team. I don't remember it saying more (maybe a prediction as the only PL team for sale is Villa).

I don't usually take anything from the media seriously unless it had quotes (either locally or internationally).

I've put a post couple of pages ago about which makes me thinks that this deal is on with more details.

Excellent, well thanks for sharing.

You're obviously confident about your inside knowledge so hopefully it all comes out soon. I look forward to reading more.

Definitely. Something can be at an advanced stage but still be weeks away.

Obviously then if something is 'pretty much done' it can't be weeks away and it must happen very very soon.

:bang: