$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

All we have so far is talk on a forum, no newspapers or any kind of media source even mentioning him

This is true but there has been media links to unnamed middle eastern investors in the last two weeks. 

Edited by GENTLEMAN

http://en.dawriplus.com/news/news=baltan-apologizes-shabab-fans.html

Al Shabab president Khaled Al Baltan has apologized to the fans on behalf of the team for failing to keep up with the leaders of the Saudi Professional League this season.

He told “Action Ya Dawri” that the they work day and night to raise the club in the winning ways.

He added that they weren’t lucky this season, promising better results in the coming rounds.

Al Baltan concluded by saying that the new contracts exhaust the clubs’ budgets and that the privatization is a sovereign decision and the committee did their job.

If Randy Lerner came out with - we weren't lucky this season, we'll do better next year - there would be a meltdown of seethe on here. 

To be honest I'd rather that then him being completely silent

• Like 2

I''m not exactly excited about Saudis taking over to be honest. Would prefer Qatari's etc, more open minded. Far East or Westerners. Saudi is EXTREMELY strict! also not sure what it would/could do for our global image.

Yes Qatari's are flavour of the month in World football at the moment what with the whole bribery and corruption scandal over the World Cup and apparently cutting safety whilst constructing the stadia which has killed people?

Salt of the Earth those Qatari's?

As for Saudi yes they are because of their status as the centre of the Islamic World quite a strict place to the outside World but things are slowly improving. I won't expect to see stoning's or beheadings as half time entertainment at VP under Al-Baltan. 

I've actually lived in Qatar on and off for the best part of 20 years, most of the accusations are baseless bollox being dug up by sore "losers". I think I would know a thing or two more about the environment and mentality than you would. Thanks. ;)

All we have so far is talk on a forum, no newspapers or any kind of media source even mentioning him

This is true but there has been media links to unnamed middle eastern investors in the last two weeks.
so where did you get this Chinese blokes name from?

http://en.dawriplus.com/news/news=baltan-apologizes-shabab-fans.html

Al Shabab president Khaled Al Baltan has apologized to the fans on behalf of the team for failing to keep up with the leaders of the Saudi Professional League this season.

He told “Action Ya Dawri” that the they work day and night to raise the club in the winning ways.

He added that they weren’t lucky this season, promising better results in the coming rounds.

Al Baltan concluded by saying that the new contracts exhaust the clubs’ budgets and that the privatization is a sovereign decision and the committee did their job.

If Randy Lerner came out with - we weren't lucky this season, we'll do better next year - there would be a meltdown of seethe on here. 

He could say what ever he wanted if we'd won 4 cups in the last 4 years, and a poor season was finishing 4th.

I''m not exactly excited about Saudis taking over to be honest. Would prefer Qatari's etc, more open minded. Far East or Westerners. Saudi is EXTREMELY strict! also not sure what it would/could do for our global image.

Yes Qatari's are flavour of the month in World football at the moment what with the whole bribery and corruption scandal over the World Cup and apparently cutting safety whilst constructing the stadia which has killed people?

As for Saudi yes they are because of their status as the centre of the Islamic World quite a strict place to the outside World but things are slowly improving. I won't expect to see stoning's or beheadings as half time entertainment at VP under Al-Baltan. 

I've actually lived in Qatar on and off for the best part of 20 years, most of the accusations are baseless bollox being dug up by sore "losers". I think I would know a thing or two more about the environment and mentality than you would. Thanks. ;)

Well let's see what happens with these 'baseless' bollox? Of course there was no dodgy dealings it's just the racist British press that wrote all those e-mails and made up the financial transactions? The best bid was always going to be holding the summer World Cup in a country where temperatures reach 50 degrees. I too have lived and worked in the Middle East and completely understand the mentally in the area and their attitudes towards the 'imported' workforce. And thanks for telling me what I know you're too kind! :)

Chen Feng?  Someone I know in the financial industry.

Well let's see what happens with these 'baseless' bollox? Of course there was no dodgy dealings it's just the racist British press that wrote all those e-mails and made up the financial transactions? The best bid was always going to be holding the summer World Cup in a country where temperatures reach 50 degrees. I too have lived and worked in the Middle East and completely understand the mentally in the area and their attitudes towards the 'imported' workforce. And thanks for telling me what I know you're too kind! :)

So you are trying to tell me that SAUDI ARABIA is more appealing on a Global scale than Qatar (Even forgetting the world Cup fiasco). Let's face it ALL countries try to schmooze to some extent to win "favours". Just so happens Qatar has a shitload more money. I personally don't even agree with the world Cup being here either. furthermore, how is it when your very own press come out with stories they are quickly deemed "bollox", believe nothing they say yet when it's convenient no longer so? Re the imported workforce yes conditions are disgusting for alot, but getting better. Were you complaining when you were out here rolling in the dough? pointless argument really.

TAKEOVER (Just to make my post relevant to topic). lol

Chen Feng? Someone I know in the financial industry.
how do you know he's the person mystery man was referring to?
  • Like 1

So you are trying to tell me that SAUDI ARABIA is more appealing on a Global scale than Qatar (Even forgetting the world Cup fiasco). Let's face it ALL countries try to schmooze to some extent to win "favours". Just so happens Qatar has a shitload more money. I personally don't even agree with the world Cup being here either. furthermore, how is it when your very own press come out with stories they are quickly deemed "bollox", believe nothing they say yet when it's convenient no longer so? Re the imported workforce yes conditions are disgusting for alot, but getting better. Were you complaining when you were out here rolling in the dough? pointless argument really.

The 1000 dead workers (would) say Hi.

The 1000 dead workers (would) say Hi.

How many dead workers in Saudi Arabia (would) say hi? They don't even have a "World Cup" situation. Poor misinformed people.

:rolleyes:

As I said pointless argument.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

I know that Arison's name has been spoken many times in this thread, but I just stumbled upon this article on a (seemingly credible) cruise line site - http://www.cruiselawnews.com/2014/06/articles/worst-cruise-line-in-the-world/in-last-week-micky-arison-sells-over-78000000-of-carnival-stock-hes-sold-over-473000000-of-carnival-stock-in-3-months/index.html - I have been trying to read every post in this thread so apologies if this has been posted before.

I am aware that people have posted that he sold X amount of shares on X day, but the figures that I'm sure I recall in this thread were no where near the amount that this article has put forward.

Also seems like he sold a bunch of shares yesterday (June 16th). With Miami going out the finals (as others have joked) could there be any credibility to his buying of Aston Villa?

Pure speculation, and it looks like Abdul has the real lead on a legitimate buyer, but figured this was worth posting for scrutiny if nothing else.

Edit: He's pulled out $473 Million over 3 months according to the article above.

Edited by Chewie

The guy who made the claims about a British consortium and buyers pulling out because of signings has apparently now said that his friend pulled out of a deal to buy the club because Lerner is asking too much. I say apparently because I haven't checked myself but it's what has been mentioned on TBAR.

This?

Chris Barnes @ChrisBarnes2610  ·  2h

Mates bid rejected, board want ALL their money back which is beyond being unrealistic. This means, as a club, i'm afraid were done for

Lost out by 45% in favour to 55% against. It's safe to say we are absolutely done for this next season. PRAISE THE VILLA BOARD. Joke

Sounds like damage limitations for the bollocks be made up to begin with.

• Like 1

This?

Mates bid rejected, board want ALL their money back which is beyond being unrealistic. This means, as a club, i'm afraid were done for

Lost out by 45% in favour to 55% against. It's safe to say we are absolutely done for this next season. PRAISE THE VILLA BOARD. Joke

LOL who did Lerner, the owner vote for?

What absolute bollocks, Lerner should just give it away for free i say :lol:

• Like 2

This?

Not aimed at you Daniel, but just a general WTF thought.

Why on earth would any person with £200 Mil+ be friends with this Chris Barnes guy on Twitter and then tell him things after he has posted 'confidential' business dealing information for all to see.

The blokes an attention seeking fool for all I think.

Howard Hodgson @HodgsonHoward Protected Tweets 49m

As far as I am aware what @ChrisBarnes2610 has tweeted is accurate after speaking with him so give the guy a break. #avfc

Howard Hodgson @HodgsonHoward Protected Tweets 43m

I just believe who the person his mate is has been in for us.. The rest I know nothing about

Howard Hodgson @HodgsonHoward Protected Tweets 41m

The person he is referring to is real that is all I know for sure..

Meh, still don't believe em.