$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

There is literally no idication that this guy is over here to look at the Villa

If  Bob Rich was over here to check things out, wouldn't Randy be over here as well to show him round? Sell the club to him and all that.

How do we know he was'nt, hmmm? One plane, two passengers? :detect:

Is Bob Rich a good sign? Will he invest heavily? I'm not so sure!

According to some people in here he's fronting a consortium, which is imo a good sign.

Edited by Jarpie

Is it just me ?  I cant be arsed all this investigation and research,  why not just let it play out and see what happens.  Worrying about it wont make it happen any quicker.

Nothing to worry about, we are just sitting here waiting for an ITK to throw crumbs.

Any offers? ;)

Is it just me ?  I cant be arsed all this investigation and research,  why not just let it play out and see what happens.  Worrying about it wont make it happen any quicker.

Agreed, what will be, will be!

Apart from being up for sale and that PL is here for now, all this is pointless speculation. Unlike in 2006 where various bidders were talking to the fans behind the scenes, now we are all on the sidelines and very much in the dark.

• Like 1

Is it just me ? I cant be arsed all this investigation and research, why not just let it play out and see what happens. Worrying about it wont make it happen any quicker.

Is it just me? Or is no-one actually worrying, we're just discussing speculation, theories and possible (no matter how slight) ITK ;)

Live and let live, and all that.

• Like 2

Is it just me ? I cant be arsed all this investigation and research, why not just let it play out and see what happens. Worrying about it wont make it happen any quicker.

Is it just me? Or is no-one actually worrying, we're just discussing speculation, theories and possible (no matter how slight) ITK ;)

Live and let live, and all that.

I haven't slept in hours

• Like 1

I am all for this secret underworld of information to figure out where our club is heading! Of course it's speculation but it's fun!

Question for TheTrees.

These private planes can they actually get across the Atlantic on one tank of fuel? Or do the Bigwigs fly business to somewhere in Europe and use their private plane to get around?

If they are big enough to cross the Atlantic would this Rob Rich guy not just offer a lift to his Lawyers?

Just curious not a dig or anything.

I am all for this secret underworld of information to figure out where our club is heading! Of course it's speculation but it's fun!

Question for TheTrees.

These private planes can they actually get across the Atlantic on one tank of fuel? Or do the Bigwigs fly business to somewhere in Europe and use their private plane to get around?

If they are big enough to cross the Atlantic would this Rob Rich guy not just offer a lift to his Lawyers?

Just curious not a dig or anything.

People with serious money don't fly scheduled, they want to go to where they want to go to at their convenience.

The larger private jets easily swallow up distance, range is not a problem.

Smaller ones, like the lawyers', require a fuel stop en route.

By nature of their title, they are private. It is unlikely that they would offer a ride to the hired help.

Besides which they came over the Atlantic on different days.

• Like 2

Easier said than done though Rich, if you had the choice of doing loads of study or staying on VT all day what would you pick :)

study

Says a guy with 42.542 posts.  :)

• Like 1

Do you not think though guys, if Bob Rich had been looking round bodymoor heath and Villa park he would have been spotted and reported on.

Isn't Pete Colley generally camped outside BMH? I wish this was true but we're putting 2+2 and getting 10

To spot him, a reporter would need to be looking for him. We were only talking about him because of the info that TT gave us. Journalists aren't going to get a list of all the American billionaires (who own sports teams) and print off their photos, on the off chance that it IS an American billionaire (who owns a sports team) interested, so that they can identify them.

Also, I doubt Randy would be the one to show prospective owners around VP! Surely he will delegate that job to someone else? Can you imagine Randy Lerner swanning around the ground, "and this is the car park", while visiting Villa fans are shouting abuse at him?! :D

Do you not think though guys, if Bob Rich had been looking round bodymoor heath and Villa park he would have been spotted and reported on.

Isn't Pete Colley generally camped outside BMH? I wish this was true but we're putting 2+2 and getting 10

To spot him, a reporter would need to be looking for him. We were only talking about him because of the info that TT gave us. Journalists aren't going to get a list of all the American billionaires (who own sports teams) and print off their photos, on the off chance that it IS an American billionaire (who owns a sports team) interested, so that they can identify them.

Also, I doubt Randy would be the one to show prospective owners around VP! Surely he will delegate that job to someone else? Can you imagine Randy Lerner swanning around the ground, "and this is the car park", while visiting Villa fans are shouting abuse at him?! :D

The Tone of his statement - I would be surprised if Randy is ever at VP again.

• Like 2

Lambo being interviewed by Pat Murphy, plenty on the takeover: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27485242

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert has told BBC Sport that there is no "imminent" sign of the up-for-sale Premier League club being taken over.

"There's nothing imminent," Lambert told Pat Murphy. "I don't know how long it takes to sell a football club. It's not like you're selling a car or a house.

"The chairman has been honest and told everyone wants to going to happen, that the club's up for sale. Whatever market that hits, we'll have to see what happens."

• Like 2