$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Hardly sensible is it? He didn't fly Lerner and Faulkner out for meetings to discuss Karsa and Culverhouse. The fact that he flew them both out suggests he had something serious to discuss.

I hope this doesn't come across as patronising, as I've no idea what most people on here do for a living, but honestly when you work for a big/wealthy organisation you get flown all over the world for all sorts of reasons.

It takes 7 hours to get to New York.  It's easy.

Not one respect towards me. I guess i keep it to myself, and why should i feed it to you lot, who have really been mean and nasty towards me. Maybe if i had some respect you may have got the told the news.

Balamory, Balamory!
What ?
Eh?

Hardly sensible is it? He didn't fly Lerner and Faulkner out for meetings to discuss Karsa and Culverhouse. The fact that he flew them both out suggests he had something serious to discuss.

I hope this doesn't come across as patronising, as I've no idea what most people on here do for a living, but honestly when you work for a big/wealthy organisation you get flown all over the world for all sorts of reasons.

It takes 7 hours to get to New York.  It's easy.

But there would just be no need for it, HR would give their findings to Faulkner and he'd let Lerner know and then they'd both be sacked. Given that we've got a sale to try and do and plans until that point its obvious that they flew out to discuss serious matters.

Can I throw a possible explanation into the mix.....

The New York Stock Exchange opens at 9.30am. There is a five hour time difference from here to NY so it opens at 1.30pm UK time. If the club were being acquired by a listed US company they would generally make a regulatory announcement as the market opened, same as in the UK, which would mean at the very earliest an announcement would be at 1.30pm.

It could be that the regulatory announcement is made as the market opens and a more user friendly statement is released by Lerner / the club an hour later. Alternatively the acquiring company is so large that it does not have to release as the market opens as its not deemed to be price sensitive (less likely).

I'm still of the opinion its all rubbish but we will see

• Like 1

Question for the financial people here - if we are indeed waiting for the NY stock exchange to open before making an announcement , does that suggest good news or bad news?

If the news was 'the takeover deal we had lined up has fallen through', would that be better announced when the exchange is closed?.. I don't really understand shares and stuff..

Good news as the acquiring company would be announcing to the market.

Not one respect towards me. I guess i keep it to myself, and why should i feed it to you lot, who have really been mean and nasty towards me. Maybe if i had some respect you may have got the told the news.

Balamory, Balamory!
What ?
Eh?
Whats balmory ?
An old tv show for kids, I was referring to him making up stories

Balamory, Balamory!
What ?
Eh?
Whats balmory ?
Like Jackanory ? Got it cheers.

The New York Stock Exchange opens at 9.30am. There is a five hour time difference from here to NY so it opens at 1.30pm UK time. If the club were being acquired by a listed US company they would generally make a regulatory announcement as the market opened, same as in the UK, which would mean at the very earliest an announcement would be at 1.30pm.

230. not 130. EST is 5 hours ahead, and 930 + 5 is 230pm

• Like 1

It could be that the regulatory announcement is made as the market opens and a more user friendly statement is released by Lerner / the club an hour later. Alternatively the acquiring company is so large that it does not have to release as the market opens as its not deemed to be price sensitive (less likely).

All speculation aside, I believe 5 hours ahead of 9:30am is 2:30pm.

Am i being stupid or what? but 5 hours would make it 2:30pm.

9 + 5 = 14.

9 + 5 = 14.

Thanks! You just saved my a** in my math class :D

• Like 1

Balamory, Balamory!
What ?
Eh?
Whats balmory ?
Like Jackanory ? Got it cheers.
Haha my bad, don't I feel like a plum lol
  • Like 1