$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

IF the buyer is announced on monday, we might get some snippets on tomorrow evening, but I'd be very surprised if they are already ready to announce it.

Monday "could be fun" could mean anything though, not necessarily announcing new buyers.

If the bean counters at Forbes have any sense, they will subtract the purchase price of Aston Villa from the buyer's net wealth. If anything it's a liability rather than an asset :)

Well the playing staff anyway.

AY LADS, AV I DISCOVERED SOMETHING HERE??????!!!!!!

I was obviously banging on about Joshua Harris the other day after the Matt Law link, well i checked his Forbes account on that day, did research on him and he had a consortium backing him. BUT HE WAS WORTH $2.9BN.

I've just looked again and as of today, with no red decrease on his wealth he's worth $2.5BN, has he made a large purchase maybe????

http://www.forbes.com/profile/joshua-harris/ it's **** this guy i just know it!

UPDATED THIS MORNING!

EMBARGO AND HE'S BOUGHT US IMO

His worth wouldn't go down after buying Villa though, would it? He'd now have a new asset that would be part of his calculated net worth. The figures on Forbes don't equate to the amount of cash in a billionaire's bank.

Yes i know that, maybe he's transferred funds but has not officially had the club handed over yet? Bank of America holding the money for example? Who knows it's just odd for it to drop 400$m since march 2014 without forbes recording a loss? When wealth goes down it always has a red arrow with the amount, but it doesn't

Yes if this happens you should take up being a private detective. Great digging and it is very plausible the money is being held by an intermediary to everything is signed

Blimey, I've not been online for a couple of days and there's an additional 100 pages. From reading the last 10 or so I gather that we've not been sold yet, and no one knows who is interested, but there's been speculation about quite a few people. Is it genuine that Lambert flew to new york for a meeting with Lerner? It's all go on VT!

I was obviously banging on about Joshua Harris the other day after the Matt Law link, well i checked his Forbes account on that day, did research on him and he had a consortium backing him. BUT HE WAS WORTH $2.9BN.

I've just looked again and as of today, with no red decrease on his wealth he's worth $2.5BN, has he made a large purchase maybe????

UPDATED THIS MORNING!

His worth wouldn't go down after buying Villa though, would it? He'd now have a new asset that would be part of his calculated net worth. The figures on Forbes don't equate to the amount of cash in a billionaire's bank.

Yes i know that, maybe he's transferred funds but has not officially had the club handed over yet? Bank of America holding the money for example? Who knows it's just odd for it to drop 400$m since march 2014 without forbes recording a loss? When wealth goes down it always has a red arrow with the amount, but it doesn't
Yes if this happens you should take up being a private detective. Great digging and it is very plausible the money is being held by an intermediary to everything is signed

Why would Forbes know about this before it has been announced? Like others have said, his net worth will not have changed by buying an asset.

UPDATED THIS MORNING!

Hope you're right buddy :)

You've done some great research and are basing your speculation on facts. Keep it up.