$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I can sense the xenophobia.

Strange, I never noticed it when potential Arab owners were menetioned just a few pages back.

That's because people are just generalising based on the most famous examples.

People associate Arabs with Man City and big spending whereas as Indians are associated with Venkys and their dreadful ownership of Blackburn. It's as simple as that. Americans are mostly neutral it seems.

Edited by Mantis

American

Telegraph: Dirty barefaced LIES!!!!!!111!!!1

IndianSportsExpress: Its true! Lerner has **** us over!

Get a grip people.

Links in With Tony's post though and proven to be correct before.

Yeah it does but...

US Consortium : Every wealthy american person known to man.

Indian buyer hinted: First one mentioned is deffo the buyer.

They aren't the only wealthy Indian buyer in the world.

An Indian buyer has not been hinted at, one of India's biggest news sources has broken a story they claim to be a world exclusive, stating that they have bought us.

No quotes, no facts, no real links, false information (Reuters). All about page hits IMO.

In fact, a quick look into other areas of the page and it seems that this could have been somebody either pulling the post trigger early, or one of their staff playing a joke (for some unknown reason).

The "tweet this story" links to tweeting a story about Bayern, whilst the tags of the post include "german cup".

Another note, the story was posted at the exact same time as this one:

http://indianexpress.com/article/sports/football/bayern-munichs-bastian-schweinsteiger-ruled-out-of-german-cup-final/

Mine don't, links to the correct article.

Edited by Daniel

Strange how two different posters mention it and then an article appears about it. I don't think it's a joke.

the article was posted 7 hours ago. they most likely were told based on the link

quoted for last post on the page-ness

Says 8:07pm here

Strange how two different posters mention it and then an article appears about it. I don't think it's a joke.

the article was posted 7 hours ago. they most likely were told based on the link

quoted for last post on the page-ness

Says 8:07pm here

Yeah, and it's now 330am in India

The story has now changed to

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit augue duis dolore te feugait nulla facilisi. Nam liber tempor cum soluta nobis eleifend option congue nihil imperdiet doming id quod mazim placerat facer possim assum. Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem. Investigationes demonstraverunt lectores legere me lius quod ii legunt saepius. Claritas est etiam processus dynamicus, qui sequitur mutationem consuetudium lectorum. Mirum est notare quam littera gothica, quam nunc putamus parum claram, anteposuerit litterarum formas humanitatis per seacula quarta decima et quinta decima. Eodem modo typi, qui nunc nobis videntur parum clari, fiant sollemnes in futurum.

This is what i fear - if Randy cant find a buyer he gets lets choosy....money talks - and he is a couple of hundred mill out of pocket.....come on Faulkner get on the web site and quash this one..

If it was accidental they wouldn't have had reuters as the source, nor would they have cited "today" when referring to the meeting. It's someone internally having a giggle, and it most likely was never intended for public consumption

I hope your right mate, but I think its a cockup personally and whoever has dropped this story (if true) is going to get blasted

i dont understand why would it be indian newspaper site to pull a prank. i still think there is something in this unfortuantely simply the person who has put this up has just made a complete mess of everything

As I said, I think somebody wasn't meant to post it yet, the time and all meta data of the post weren't correct. 

As I also said, it is a big company, I can't imagine some random Indian guy making up a story about Villa that could potentially lose him his job.

This is what i fear - if Randy cant find a buyer he gets lets choosy....money talks - and he is a couple of hundred mill out of pocket.....come on Faulkner get on the web site and quash this one..

Why should Faulkner deny one rumour but none of the others?

• Like 1

I can sense the xenophobia.

Strange, I never noticed it when potential Arab owners were menetioned just a few pages back.

People associate Arabs with Man City and big spending whereas as Indians are associated with Venkys and their dreadful ownership of Blackburn. It's as simple as that. Americans are mostly neutral it seems.

Yep. Anzi Makhachkala got relegated this season, not so long after their billionaire owner pulled the plug. However if a Russian was being mentioned, people would be wanking themselves silly about how we've got the new Abramovich.

Drawing comparisons to other owners based on their nationality is futile.

I can sense the xenophobia.

I agree but then that isn't xenophobia because the fear of some is from the bad example of Indian ownership rather than the fact that they are foreign. Which is what the word 'xenophobia' means.