$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

So who do we think is in the running at the moment as a potential buyer? I am totally lost having read back a few pages. Is AEG buy out a no chance, Ellison - no chance? Who or what is Tamas? Is Clark Hunt the main contender? (That would be an awkward name to get into a chant at a match)

• Like 1

I think Ellison is definately a 'no chance'. He seems like a name that has been plucked out of thin air, to excite the fans (or to troll them).

All other names have only been mentioned by people guessing. Hunt, Anshultz (sp?), Simpson and the other chap.

A certain man who shall not be named, said the interested party owns an American team, but he didn't say in what sport.

I think, with Randy's connections, it's likely that we're going to be sold to an owner of an American sports team. But, there are probably hundreds of people who fit that criteria!

So who do we think is in the running at the moment as a potential buyer? I am totally lost having read back a few pages. Is AEG buy out a no chance, Ellison - no chance? Who or what is Tamas? Is Clark Hunt the main contender? (That would be an awkward name to get into a chant at a match)

Clark Hunt has denied ever being interested in UK football - If you can ignore that pretty big Elephant In the room - He looks a contender - on his own short of readies though !

Dunno - Who\What TAMAS IS ?

Ellison is pure fantasy for me

But Im of the opinion that no one is at the table yet - I would really like to find out when Merril Lynch was appointed. My theory is that Randy has exhausted his options of known contacts - and Merril Lynch have been brought in to cast the net wider.......

One surprisng thing that I have read is that if someone with the cash steps forward, the whole could go through pretty quickly...

Edited by smetrov

Forget Meryll Lynch, surely between us all we can find a suitable buyer?

My dad is a builder, with his own company, so that's a start. Who's dad is a billionaire?

My 5 years ISA matures at the end of May.....

I think Ellison is definately a 'no chance'. He seems like a name that has been plucked out of thin air, to excite the fans (or to troll them).

All other names have only been mentioned by people guessing. Hunt, Anshultz (sp?), Simpson and the other chap.

A certain man who shall not be named, said the interested party owns an American team, but he didn't say in what sport.

I think, with Randy's connections, it's likely that we're going to be sold to an owner of an American sports team. But, there are probably hundreds of people who fit that criteria!

Ok thanks. It is hard going trying to figure out where we are at in all of this wild speculation. I have even seen a couple of interviews with Doug on tv in recent days. One where he is saying that the takeover will almost certainly be from the US, and another where he is praising Man City's owner, and wishes we could have someone like him. David Cameron said a few weeks back (Tongue in Cheek I guess) that he would speak to some of his wealthy Arab mates about buying Villa. 

I would say that you are probably right though, the most likely scenario is that a US buyout is most likely. Fingers crossed, that they will have a good plan, and load of money to see it through.

The new owner needs to set a philosophy for the club. In other words, this is who we are and this is the way we do things, the way we play, the way we fight for the badge on the shirt as a team, the type of character each player is whether they be young or experienced.

This will protect us when players do leave, no club is immune from key players moving on but being set up get over these hurdles helps. For the 8 years and 4 managers that Lerner has employed each has changed the philosophy of the club, this has meant 4 dead starts this has led to huge and costly errors being made which has meant that we are back to square one again now.

Something else that bugs me a bit is that Randy always seems to go for using a mate for jobs they are not necessarily skilled at and I wonder if he has done this again with BoA/ML people appointed for the sale. I hope this doesn't affect things.

• Like 1

Alisher Usmanov's yacht, the Dilbar, has just moored up across the way from my apartment.  I'm taking this as a sign.....

that his boat is in Dubai.

IMG_20140514_145937.jpg

Give the guy a chance to weigh kwanchor before linking him with us ffs

Forget Meryll Lynch, surely between us all we can find a suitable buyer?

My dad is a builder, with his own company, so that's a start. Who's dad is a billionaire?

My 5 years ISA matures at the end of May.....

Great, we're making progress!

Anyone else want to chip in? My cousin works for John Lewis, but I don't know whether he's ever met Mr Lewis in person. I could ask him, I suppose?

Would be easier than if one of his brothers Mike or York bought us. 

(Sorry, I think this may have been done already but who's got time to plough back through 300 pages to check?)

A couple of snipeets from surfing the Web

-It would seem that PA\AEG have been approached to buy many football clubs - and hav never taken up offers

-On of the guys who tried\is trying to sell Newcastle is\was our very own Keith Harris

Unless we indeed already have a buyer, I think we are completely in the shite!

Lerners official statement is becoming more an more publicity bollocks! Why did he not just advise to the media the club is on offer if the right deal comes along.

All this statement has done is ruffle the fans into speculation that we are now in worst trouble than relegation could have ever been.

• Like 1

Unless we indeed already have a buyer, I think we are completely in the shite!

Lerners official statement is becoming more an more publicity bollocks! Why did he not just advise to the media the club is on offer if the right deal comes along.

All this statement has done is ruffle the fans into speculation that we are now in worst trouble than relegation could have ever been.

Yup - it could be a way of justifying minimal communication and Investment. But effectivley I think what you have said above is correct. - The only glimmer is Lerner is very keen for a sale - but even that has a cloud.......he won't be to fussy who he sells too...!!