$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

So basically it all looks like another botched effort by Lerner. Up for sale, no buyer, no new contracts, no transfer funds and we are stuck with Lambert.....great.

Oh and Albrighton can walk as his contract will be up at the end of next month.

So basically it all looks like another botched effort by Lerner. Up for sale, no buyer, no new contracts, no transfer funds and we are stuck with Lambert.....great.

Have I missed something? Where have you deduced that from?

• Like 1

Not as far as I know, just people jumping to conclusions and automatically assuming the worst as usual.

Not as far as I know, just people jumping to conclusions and automatically assuming the worst as usual.

I read similar when McLeish was first rumoured, when people were concerned the last few January windows and when people thought the last 2 years would be a struggle. And guess what happened?

Right. I've finally caught up.

- Lots more Kwan puns (very funny, btw)

- Lots of people upset about Kwan puns (which is even funnier, imo)

- Nobody knows exactly what is going on

- BJ10 doesn't like our new owners already.

So... nothing surprising, then.  ;)

Carry on.

I have a feeling daily summaries will be vital to us Australian VTers, I don't think its good for your sanity powering through a days worth of posts on this thread.

• Like 2

I read similar when McLeish was first rumoured, when people were concerned the last few January windows and when people thought the last 2 years would be a struggle. And guess what happened?

That's not really a good comparison. There's been nothing concrete at all and so many conflicting stories from alleged ITKs. As I said, it's just people jumping to conclusions. Villa fans aren't exactly an optimistic bunch.

Likewise, I seem to remember when we were signing Benteke many were absolutely convinced that it would not happen and would jump at any chance to proclaim the deal dead.

McLeish and the January transfer windows have little bearing on this takeover. It's best to just accept that we don't know much and wait and see what happens.

Edited by Mantis

Good post, but no doubt if we are bought out by somebody who's "only" worth a couple of billion (or heaven forbid less than that!) there will still be lots of complaining in a manner reminiscent of a spoiled child at Christmas.

Edited by Mantis

Good post, but no doubt if we are bought out by somebody who's "only" worth a couple of billion (or heaven forbid less than that!) there will still be lots of complaining in a manner reminiscent of a spoiled child at Christmas.

You don't like people on here, do you?

• Like 2

Stop reading what you want to read and read what I've actually written. I was talking about the complaining that will ensure if the new owner isn't ultra-rich (and there's been some of that already), nothing more.

Stop reading what you want to read and read what I've actually written. I was talking about the complaining that will ensure if the new owner isn't ultra-rich (and there's been some of that already), nothing more.

" Stop reading what you want to read and read what I've actually written. "

Poetry.

• Like 2

The net worth of any potential new owner is largely irrelevent. What is important is how much of that net worth they are prepared to part with on behalf of Aston Villa.

• Like 2

He's right, though.

Personally, I don't care much for the individual wealth of a prospective new owner (as I posted elsewhere; I really don't want Villa to be the next Man City/Chelsea) but I DO care about the club being run properly - kingysilvers post is absolutely bang on.

People have slagged Lerner off far too much for, essentially, putting his hand in his pocket to the tune of £100m+ - but because that hasn't happened recently and Villa are struggling, it's his fault.  What we need, of course, is for someone to chuck a load of money at the problem (a la Lerner in the early days), get short term success to an extent (a la Lerner in the early days) and then have that person to blame if over-investment costs us in the long run (a la Lerner right now).  The more short termists amongst us will look at the football on the pitch/results and say it's not good enough - time for a change.  I DO think that Lerner has put Aston Villa Football Club in a good position to move forwards after a period of terrible mismanagement.

Thus, it's not about the wealth for me; it's about the ability to run a football club well.

• Like 4

If you want Aston VIlla to be above average then it needs someone to invest a lot of money into it. Someone having a large amount of wealth may not be a guarantee that they are going to spend but you might as well have someone who at least has the capacity to do so. Sadly we can't just magically employ the right football people and we'll be all succesful otherwise everyone would be doing it.

• Like 2