$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Mods, if I ask politely, will you just delete all of the posts in this thread from Today? It could save someone's bacon, but more importantly, it would rid the world of any record of these woeful puns!!

• Like 3

I assume Kwan is not in mergers and acquisitions because he said he wasn't in that department.

I don't know how stringent their compliance is at BoA, but I seriously doubt the M&A team are passing any information around the bank. They certainly wouldn't be passing it over the theoretical and physical 'Chinese Wall'.

IF he sits on the private side (with his M&A department) then he's been disseminating private information which his employers certainly wouldn't appreciate if they knew. I doubt he'd have risked it.

Our M&A team is in the room next to us, they're separated by a glass wall (the glass 'Chinese Wall'), which is sound proof, in their own restricted area. They could be working on a high profile deal right now like, I dunno, let's say something silly - Apple taking over Facebook, and we wouldn't have a clue until the information was made public. We wouldn't even get the slightest whisper.

Not only are they physically separated from the rest of the bank, but they're also a highly secretive bunch. They have to be because Compliance monitor their interactions like they're in a high security prison; especially these days with the extra regulatory intensity.

The two main men working on this is an MD in London and a director in LA. I seriously doubt any information is permeating through the bank; especially not to those down the chain.

So you're a banker, huh.

Nothing like a bit of prejudice eh?

Rob is onto something here. Let's move on.

Just speculating. How much would we really need to spend to be top 6 again and how much could we spend according to FFP?

And will the FFP permitted loss be counted from a takeover or does it follow the club?

I just can't accept that we're not in the advanced stages with at least one prospective buyer.

For Randy to come out with what is essentially a 'I am desperate to sell this club' statement... whilst it would perhaps be in line with some of his questionable decisions over the years, this would have to trump the lot.

It makes no sense to do it this way.

If he who doesnt exist now is to be understood then the buyer is the two Texan guys who were the ones originally linked a few weeks ago. If it is them then so be it, but I think it will not promise anything too different from what we have, perhaps with some initial investment to take us from being perennial relegation fodder to mid-table mediocrity.

It is s shame but without massive money we will not have much more to aspire to.

It's not all about the billions though, as long as they (whoever they are) can come in, run our beloved club properly, with the right football people appointed, I'll be happy with that for now, then at least we can have a solid footing to get the club back where it belongs.

So you're a banker, huh.

Nothing like a bit of prejudice eh?

So you're a banker apologist, huh

Banker apologist? I just don't believe people should be judged or belittled based on their occupation, and certainly not when it's a fellow Villa fan sharing useful information. He's contributed more to this topic than you or I have.

Just thought it was really uncalled for.

• Like 1

I have been told that Randy had agreed a deal to sell the club weeks ago but that it unexpectedly fell through.  He made his statement about talking about his intentions at the end of the season thinking that he would be able to tell everybody that he had sold the club.  Now that his buyer has dropped out he is in limbo and is desperately trying to find somebody else to buy the club.