Who realistically should be the next villa manager?

donnie

Lambert: never won anything

McLeish: won a league cup, relegated blues twice

Houllier: won quite a bit

O'Neill: won a couple of league cups and plenty on Scotland

O'Leary: never won anything

Taylor: never won anything

Gregory: never won anything

Little: never won anything - Little won the League Cup in 1996

Atkinson: 2 FA cups and a league cup

Yeah, WHILE villa manager, which came AFTER we hired him so doesn't apply to the "what managers had achieved before we hired them" criteria :P

When you throw the word realistically in to the title it fills me with dread and I think I would probably just keep Lambert.

You think McClaren would take the role?

No takeover it will be Lambert. A takeover and Im 51% towards that it will be Lambert with a DOF

When you throw the word realistically in to the title it fills me with dread and I think I would probably just keep Lambert.

No takeover it will be Lambert. A takeover and Im 51% towards that it will be Lambert with a DOF

Takeover and Lambert has to go straight away or by Jan at the latest. But there is going to be no takeover so Lambert it is.

Takeover and Lambert has to go straight away or by Jan at the latest. But there is going to be no takeover so Lambert it is.

We are a lot of people different on that and IM fine with that. A lot of you think Lambert has proven he is shit and a lot of us think he haven't got the chance to prove himself. I don't care about him but if he is here September it will be about the team and the club for me.

We are a lot of people different on that and IM fine with that. A lot of you think Lambert has proven he is shit and a lot of us think he haven't got the chance to prove himself. I don't care about him but if he is here September it will be about the team and the club for me.

I agree which is why I don't think it's even about Lambert. He has lost way too many fans beyond being given a chance to prove himself. That negativity in itself would stifle the club if the fans knew we could attract a proven manager.

• Like 1

If we are going to replace PL, I wouldn't care if the manager wore a tracksuit, a pinstripe suit, or a raincoat with nothing on underneath as long as he was both successful and not David O'Leary.

Edited by CrackpotForeigner

Lambert: never won anything

McLeish: won a league cup, relegated blues twice

Houllier: won quite a bit

O'Neill: won a couple of league cups and plenty on Scotland

O'Leary: never won anything

Taylor: never won anything

Gregory: never won anything

Little: never won anything - Little won the League Cup in 1996

Atkinson: 2 FA cups and a league cup

Yeah, WHILE villa manager, which came AFTER we hired him so doesn't apply to the "what managers had achieved before we hired them" criteria :P

The criteria wasn't "achieved" as in trophies, it was just having proven something in management.

I'd settle for an Italian manager with shiny suits.

but not di canio :rant:

Di Canio is clearly a nut case but I feel for him a bit after hearing he had no control over Sunderlands summer signings.