Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

Can I ask if this thread is full of spoilers from people who've read the books? I avoid this thread because I assume someone will spoil episodes that haven't been shown yet. 

its hit and miss tbh, i wouldnt read it on a monday morning due to the yanks getting the episode sunday night, and there is a fair bit of discussion about how the episode did stuff differently, which i think in the case of last nights episode they changed something that will almost certainly be done eventually (probably next week) so it might ruin it for you

saw the episode got a 10 at ign, didnt read the full review only the end bit, sounds like if you dont like jon's story arc then you wont find it as amazing as others will

Pip and Grenn 

:(

Book stuff

I'm not sure what to think of the little kid killing Ygrrite, although it was kind of obvious he would, I just think it's more poignant in the book with Jon thinking he's the one who killed her and then looking for the body afterward.

Also, I suppose Grenn dying fighting the giant is almost as good as Donal Noye, ahh screw it, 6 men v one giant or a one armed man v a giant, Donal Noye's death was much more bad-ass!!!

Also, no Mannis :(

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla

Pip and Grenn 

Book stuff

I'm not sure what to think of the little kid killing Ygrrite, although it was kind of obvious he would, I just think it's more poignant in the book with Jon thinking he's the one who killed her and then looking for the body afterward.

Also, I suppose Grenn dying fighting the giant is almost as good as Donal Noye, ahh screw it, 6 men v one giant or a one armed man v a giant, Donal Noye's death was much more bad-ass!!!

I'm not sure pointing out trivial differences between the show and the book counts as a book spoiler really, but I think it was fairly obvious a while ago that the kid was going to be the one who shot Ygritte.  I'm kinda cool with it, it gave that stand off between Jon and Ygritte before she got shot in the back, which is pretty much a trope they had to do at some point.  The final moments with her were pretty much as I had imagined it from the book though, even down to her final words.  

Pip and Grenn 

Book stuff

I'm not sure pointing out trivial differences between the show and the book counts as a book spoiler really, but I think it was fairly obvious a while ago that the kid was going to be the one who shot Ygritte.  I'm kinda cool with it, it gave that stand off between Jon and Ygritte before she got shot in the back, which is pretty much a trope they had to do at some point.  The final moments with her were pretty much as I had imagined it from the book though, even down to her final words.  

Yeah, I know that isn't really a spoiler, I was thinking more about the Donal Noye bit, if someone wanted to read the books I thought they wouldn't want to know what happened to him. Also, the last line is a spoiler for the next episode, kind of. But, anyway, I agree that the difference is trivial with Ygritte's death, and having thought about it, at least Jon is still "responsible" for her death, so I think i'm OK with it. And as you say, her final moments were practically word for word and brilliantly done imo (apart from the line about Maester Aemon, that was given to Pyp, RIP buddy

:( )

I agree I don't think it's a book spoiler to refer to stuff that's already happened in the show but please don't post book stuff about things that haven't happened yet on the show. Even if it's labeled book spoiler - there's another thread for that anyways.

Was this weeks good? As in average G.O.T. episode or above average?

Lack of tits was disappointing. 

Otherwise lots of swording, loosing of arrows and "gnaarrring" and talking in pommie accents....

By the way, what's the accent used by the likes of Ygritte and the other wildlings. Is it a bit of everything or does it resonate with one particular region in England?

By the way, what's the accent used by the likes of Ygritte and the other wildlings. Is it a bit of everything or does it resonate with one particular region in England?

They are all over. Ygritte is generic Lancashire/Manchester sounding to me. 

Â