Weekends football 12/13 April

andykeenan

I hate Liverpool because they beat us to the title in 89-90. I should be over it by now, but I'm a football fan and my hatred for other teams is supposed to be irrational.

A quite amazing season that. The year before we nearly get relegated and the next season we come 2nd.
Yep, it was when football was good.

I remember that season well! We fell apart losing 3-0 at home to Wimbledon and 2-0 at Coventry within a week :(

We also lost 2-0 at Man U. To be fair we were never quite good enough to win it. We relied too much on Mcgrath, Platt and Cowans.

True. We never had a decent striker. We sold McInally in the summer to Bayern, and Olney led the line until Cascarino was signed, and that was a disaster. I think Adrian Heath had a few games as well but never settled.

Doug signing Cascarino as he as £300k cheaper than Taylor's choice of Sheringham **** us up that season. Had we got Teddy we'd had been so much closer. Great player.

I hate Liverpool because they beat us to the title in 89-90. I should be over it by now, but I'm a football fan and my hatred for other teams is supposed to be irrational.

A quite amazing season that. The year before we nearly get relegated and the next season we come 2nd.
Yep, it was when football was good.
I remember that season well! We fell apart losing 3-0 at home to Wimbledon and 2-0 at Coventry within a week :(

We also lost 2-0 at Man U. To be fair we were never quite good enough to win it. We relied too much on Mcgrath, Platt and Cowans.

True. We never had a decent striker. We sold McInally in the summer to Bayern, and Olney led the line until Cascarino was signed, and that was a disaster. I think Adrian Heath had a few games as well but never settled.

Doug signing Cascarino as he as £300k cheaper than Taylor's choice of Sheringham **** us up that season. Had we got Teddy we'd had been so much closer. Great player.

I didn't know that. Thanks Doug

The story goes that Taylor told Doug he wanted Teddy, Doug asked Millwall how much for him and balked at the price but they said we could have Cascarino for £1.1m and Doug said yeah ok. To think that Teddy was only valued at 300k more than Cascarino is criminal. Even at Millwall it was obvious he was quality. A class striker.

Oldham were exceptional on the plastic though! Many a big team suffered at Boundary Park!

yes Andy Richie.... They had an unfair advantage

Decent team at the time though...Dennis Irwin, Earl Barrett, Ian Marshall, Paul Warhurst (i think), Mike Milligan, Neil Adams, Rick Holden, Richie, as you say and remember Frankie Bunn?  6 goals in one game! 

What a bigger piece of shit for admitting to it.

John Terry admitted that he told Phil Dowd, the referee, that Chico Flores deserved to be sent off prior to the Swansea City defender receiving a second yellow card. The Chelsea captain intervened when it appeared as though Dowd was going to allow Flores to stay on the pitch, despite the Spaniard fouling André Schürrle only two minutes after he had been booked for a poor challenge on Willian.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/13/john-terry-phil-dowd-chico-flores-chelsea-swansea?CMP=twt_gu

Did Diego Costa get a bad injury tonight or is what I'm reading elsewhere scaremongering?

it looked bad, slid in at the far post to put the ball in and carried on at speed into the goal frame, looked like his thigh/midrift that made contact and went off on a stretcher after a good 5 minutes having treatment

I remember being at the FA cup game. Despite losing 3-0 God was head and shoulders the best player on the pitch. And it was freezing cold that night.

And peeing down with rain.

And my brand new, delivered that afternoon, car broke down just as we left the mud bath of a car park.

Relayed home by an AA driver whose diet was several creme eggs.

It wasn't a good night.

I don't get the Liverpool hate at all. It'd be amazing if they won it

it would be an amazing achievement.

But I hate Liverpool fans. So **** them. Anyone but them

Media bias I get. Hating a whole fanbase not so much. A few of my mates are glory grabbing Liverpool fans (do you hate then too?) and as unbearable as it will make them I can't begrudge them a bit of happiness, life's too short to hate on everything.
yes. I hate your friends.

I hate yours. Let's fight!

I don't get the Liverpool hate at all. It'd be amazing if they won it

it would be an amazing achievement.

But I hate Liverpool fans. So **** them. Anyone but them

Media bias I get. Hating a whole fanbase not so much. A few of my mates are glory grabbing Liverpool fans (do you hate then too?) and as unbearable as it will make them I can't begrudge them a bit of happiness, life's too short to hate on everything.
yes. I hate your friends.
I hate yours. Let's fight!
anchorman_fight.jpg

Â