Weekends football 12/13 April

andykeenan

I hate Liverpool because they beat us to the title in 89-90. I should be over it by now, but I'm a football fan and my hatred for other teams is supposed to be irrational.

A quite amazing season that. The year before we nearly get relegated and the next season we come 2nd.  

I hate Liverpool because they beat us to the title in 89-90. I should be over it by now, but I'm a football fan and my hatred for other teams is supposed to be irrational.

A quite amazing season that. The year before we nearly get relegated and the next season we come 2nd.
Yep, it was when football was good.

A bit like this season.

Well, the bit about nearly getting relegated the year before anyway.

• Like 1

I remember that season well! We fell apart losing 3-0 at home to Wimbledon and 2-0 at Coventry within a week  :(

A point above Swansea still with a game in hand.

Our game against them will be massive

No excuses if we can't pick up a result. Swansea are in just as much free fall as us.

Thankfully we're away from home so the "leave ten minute early" brigade won't be sapping the life out of Villa Park with their odd way of supporting the team.

So Britain's most celebrated thug gets closer to lifting the title.

There may be a black day for football coming.

I think John Terry has lifted a few titles

That is my point.

Terry isn't celebrated, he is universally hated outside of a three mile radius of the Brompton Road. Nobody lays platitudes like 'role model' on him, nor is he referred to by non-Chelsea supporters with a pet name. He comes from a bad family, and had the England captaincy taken off him for shagging his mate's girlfriend. (Not that I think that he should have ever received the honour of the captaincy)

Gerrard is a cheap thug from another bad family, but we are supposed to look upon him as a role model, 'Stevie G', and watch as he wears the England captain's armband, something that has been worn in the past by real role models.

The only difference between Terry and Gerrard is the hype. They are both animals.

I remember that season well! We fell apart losing 3-0 at home to Wimbledon and 2-0 at Coventry within a week  :(

We also lost 2-0 at Man U. To be fair we were never quite good enough to win it. We relied too much on Mcgrath, Platt and Cowans.

Only just noticed this gem from Con.

Villa are going to win this. Palace won at Villa Park with the assistance of an inspired Bannan who probably won't even be on the subs bench tomorrow. 

Bannan was awful and they scored after he went off. A quick look at whoscored.com has Cameron Jerome rated lower than Bannan in the whole Palace side, with the pass-master having an awful 65% pass completion for the game - the worst of any midfielder.

I wasn't sure at first, but he's definitely trolling.

• Like 1

We also lost 2-0 at Man U. To be fair we were never quite good enough to win it. We relied too much on Mcgrath, Platt and Cowans.

True. We never had a decent striker. We sold McInally in the summer to Bayern, and Olney led the line until Cascarino was signed, and that was a disaster. I think Adrian Heath had a few games as well but never settled. 

Swansea aren't in the relegation equation for me even though they're below us, imo they will get 4 points from Newcastle and Sunderland away and two draws from us and Southampton so 6 more points for them.

I still think there's a chance WBA won't win another game this season but again they can survive with 3 draws.

We also lost 2-0 at Man U. .

Mark Robins with the outside of his boot?

Edited by One For The Road

True. We never had a decent striker. We sold McInally in the summer to Bayern, and Olney led the line until Cascarino was signed, and that was a disaster. I think Adrian Heath had a few games as well but never settled. 

yep unfortunately Taylor signed the wrong Millwall striker.  He should have gone for Sherringham.

Â