Weekends football 12/13 April

andykeenan

I saw on the Twitters that Ricky Van Wolfswinkel registered just his 8th shot on target of the season yesterday.  This time last year I'll bet he was thinking about getting into the Netherlands squad for the World Cup, now he has about as much chance of making that as I do.  Dude should never have left Sporting Lisbon. 

Ba is quality. I can't believe there was even a debate about who was better out of Ba and Pappiss Cisse. Ba is much better.

Was there ever that debate? Cissé started his career well at Newcastle but he was mainly just a poacher getting on the end of things. He never really created his own chances or did well in open play. Ba is actually quite a decent player.

Ba is quality. I can't believe there was even a debate about who was better out of Ba and Pappiss Cisse. Ba is much better.

Was there ever that debate? Cissé started his career well at Newcastle but he was mainly just a poacher getting on the end of things. He never really created his own chances or did well in open play. Ba is actually quite a decent player.

He's decent but not top level is he. Not good enough for Chelsea. if they dont win the league its because they don't have top class strikers like Man City and Liverpool. They have got of course but he's on loan and they did sell another one to Liverpool.

I think there was towards the end of the 2011/2012 season when Cisse was scoring loads and Ba wasn't. Cisse got a few wonder goals like the one at Stamford Bridge and vs Spurs.

• Like 1

He's decent but not top level is he. Not good enough for Chelsea. if they dont win the league its because they don't have top class strikers like Man City and Liverpool. They have got of course but he's on loan and they did sell another one to Liverpool.

Do you not think the Chelsea strikers score more important goals than most of their rival strikers though? Eto'o's scored a shedload in the big games and at crucial times this season, Ba obviously scored the important 2nd v PSG and the winner v Swansea and even the useless Torres scored in the Uefa cup final last season and the last minute winner v City this season which could be very crucial in the final analysis.

That's more worthwhile than say Giroud or Dzeko scoring goals 3 or 4 of a 5 nil home win over Norwich surely?

I think Chelsea's strikers have been a bit too maligned this season especially by their own manager.

Some games are more important than others though because of the points swing. Losing to Norwich is 3 points dropped, losing to Chelsea is 3 points dropped, plus them gaining 3 points. Arsenal have struggled IMO because the likes of Giroud can't score in these games and Ozil doesn''t turn up.

Â