Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

I think a few of the American players would be good buys. They'd be cheap to purchase and probably be on quite low wages. Besler, Zusi or maybe Gonzalez might be worth taking a chance on.

Gonzalez would be Zat Knight v2. Good in the air and at clearances, but just doesn't have the pace and possibly worse on the ball than Baker.

I'd be looking at Deandre Yedlin. 20, super raw, but has pace to burn, some trickery and is very aggressive, can cover the wing or right back, though probably not ready to defend in this league. He is remarkably good at getting in behind defenses and cutting it back.

Alejandro Bedoya *might* be able to make the step up, as well. He's been steadily improving year after year, would be roughly comparable to Hoolahan, imo, but younger and with more physical presence.

Johansson (after a bit of bulking up) would probably be decent option up front if we were to play to his strengths, but I don't think we would (or even could, at the moment, as we don't have anybody to play through balls or proper wide men).

You lost me at 'good in the air'. Are we talking about the same Zat Knight, the only person over 6 foot that shrunk when he jumped?

What about Tom Ince?

He's better off staying at Palace why would he come here

He didn't look up to it last season anyway. Very overrated, probably just because of his dad. No interest whatsoever. 

I think a few of the American players would be good buys. They'd be cheap to purchase and probably be on quite low wages. Besler, Zusi or maybe Gonzalez might be worth taking a chance on.

Gonzalez would be Zat Knight v2. Good in the air and at clearances, but just doesn't have the pace and possibly worse on the ball than Baker.

I'd be looking at Deandre Yedlin. 20, super raw, but has pace to burn, some trickery and is very aggressive, can cover the wing or right back, though probably not ready to defend in this league. He is remarkably good at getting in behind defenses and cutting it back.

Alejandro Bedoya *might* be able to make the step up, as well. He's been steadily improving year after year, would be roughly comparable to Hoolahan, imo, but younger and with more physical presence.

Johansson (after a bit of bulking up) would probably be decent option up front if we were to play to his strengths, but I don't think we would (or even could, at the moment, as we don't have anybody to play through balls or proper wide men).

Gonzalez is actually a fast centerback. He would probably be the 2nd fastest one at the club behind Okore.

Yedlin would be a Kyle Walker type defender. He would get beat but probably be able to recover due to his pace. Yedlin would also cost a lot.

Bedoya is doing well in France, but I can't see him doing well in a much more physical league.

Johannsson was one that would be interesting, but he wouldn't suit our style at all.

One other player that might be worth a chance from that squad is Mikkel Diskerud. Looks like he could be a decent player.

I don't play FM anymore so I have no idea who you guys are talking about sadly :(

A whole bunch of players we aren't going to sign this summer (some for good reason - I mean, Omar Gonzalez? The guy who is mainly famous for making roughly one costly error a game?)

I don't play FM anymore so I have no idea who you guys are talking about sadly :(

A whole bunch of players we aren't going to sign this summer (some for good reason - I mean, Omar Gonzalez? The guy who is mainly famous for making roughly one costly error a game?)

Well, it's an improvement on most Villa players.

• Like 2

ARSENAL look set to make an offer for Cork City’s superb young full back Brian Lenihan in the coming weeks.

Arsene Wenger’s chief scout Steve Rowley was at Turner’s Cross on Friday night to see the former College Corinthians full back impress yet again.

And Rowley, who discovered the likes of Gael Clichy, Cesc Fabregas and Alex Song for Arsenal was very impressed with what he saw.

With the transfer window opening today City are bracing themselves for bids for the 20 year-old, but not just from Arsenal.

Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe has kept tabs on Lenihan all season and the soon-to-be appointed Aston Villa assistant manager Roy Keane also left Turner’s Cross raving about Lenihan.

The former Ireland schools international made his U21 debut recently against Qatar in Germany recently and manager Noel King is set to make him a key player in his next Euro qualification campaign.

If he were to leave Lenihan’s former club College Corinthians would also benefit.

http://www.eveningecho.ie/2014/07/01/arsenal-set-make-offer-lenihan/

not really much of a link but I imagine that one of lazy English media will run with it soon and link him

Have we actually been linked to any of these players or is this just all someone's wishlist?

Not even a wish list. Just some players that could potentially be on our radar because they are cheap and have looked decent in the world cup.

ARSENAL look set to make an offer for Cork City’s superb young full back Brian Lenihan in the coming weeks.

Arsene Wenger’s chief scout Steve Rowley was at Turner’s Cross on Friday night to see the former College Corinthians full back impress yet again.

And Rowley, who discovered the likes of Gael Clichy, Cesc Fabregas and Alex Song for Arsenal was very impressed with what he saw.

With the transfer window opening today City are bracing themselves for bids for the 20 year-old, but not just from Arsenal.

Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe has kept tabs on Lenihan all season and the soon-to-be appointed Aston Villa assistant manager Roy Keane also left Turner’s Cross raving about Lenihan.

The former Ireland schools international made his U21 debut recently against Qatar in Germany recently and manager Noel King is set to make him a key player in his next Euro qualification campaign.

If he were to leave Lenihan’s former club College Corinthians would also benefit.

http://www.eveningecho.ie/2014/07/01/arsenal-set-make-offer-lenihan/

not really much of a link but I imagine that one of lazy English media will run with it soon and link him

Ay, I can just imagine Keane skipping out of there telling all and sundry what a player that boy is.

*not.

Stephane Mbia released by QPR. He won the Europa League with Sevilla on loan last season...surely better than some of our central midfield options?

Would think his wages maybe quite high? Looked very solid from when I've seen him play.

M'Bia only released because of wages and not wanting to bet there really, he'll have much better offers you would think.

Like the look of the young american RB tonight though, would make gabby look like a fat pensioner in a race by the looks of it, incredible speed.