Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Anyone take Ochoa here?

Yeah i would, but would he want to come here? Besides it won't happen. Players that get hype around them at events like these go to better clubs. I'll also add, just because a player has some good moments at the world cup doesn't mean they can keep that up through a season. Sometimes players just have the game of their lives. 

Edited by tomh621

Ochoa's been brilliant this tournament. I wonder though why for the last few years he's been playing for a very weak French team in Ajaccio who've just finished bottom. What's his consistency like over 38 games? He's been linked to prem clubs before so it's not like he's some unknown quantity.

One name I'd throw in would be Besic who looked decent for Bosnia. He's on a free and was playing in Hungary so with that profile you'd think he'd be on our target list.

One name I'd throw in would be Besic who looked decent for Bosnia. He's on a free and was playing in Hungary so with that profile you'd think he'd be on our target list.

Where did you hear that he is on a free? Still contracted to Ferencvaros from what I've read.

From what I saw of the cups and pre season last year I don't think Steer's ready to be playing premier league (in an ideal world I'd loan him out for a bit) but knowing us the minute we did that Guzan would break his wrist or something.