Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Knockaert just scored a peach of a freekick, said it last year that we should snap him up. Would be good to fill either side of Benteke in a 4-3-3 or in the hole if we play with the diamond. Obviously he wouldn't be a starter for certain as of yet but he certainly has a lot of talent.

Riyad Mahrez is another one at Leicester who looks like he could do the business in the Premier League, although he won't be moving on any time soon since he joined them in January.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 1

We are probably a year too late on that front with them all but promoted.

We're still a step up from them but I'd probably agree with you, mainly because Leicester simply aren't in dire need of money. They'll be able to keep their best players and also add to it, glad to see them coming up.

I do wonder if we will buy another striker in the summer. Benteke might be back in October; with such an injury I cant see him being fully fit until Christmas. Can we do without our main striker for half a season?

I think looking into Finnbogason would be smart, think his price tag was 5 mill last summer, granted probably gone up a bit. Two others who would be worth looking at would be Ben Yedder and Soriano at Salzburg, granted Soriano is a bit farther up there in age.

I quite like the former Walsall boy Jamie Paterson who's at Forest as well.

I really do think Finnbogason will be snapped up by another team, probably playing in the Europa league next season. I think we should look at his team mate Hakim Ziyech. Only 21.

Groningen have got themselves to very interesting strikers in Kostic and Zivkovic. The latter is only 17 and has scored 7 in 7 or something along those lines. Also Bacuna's old club so might want to deal with us again.

The Dutch league could be our hunting ground this summer, some real talent to found there at the moment.

Edited by Tayls

Groningen have got themselves to very interesting strikers in Kostic and Zivkovic. The latter is only 17 and has scored 7 in 7 or something along those lines. Also Bacuna's old club so might want to deal with us again.

Zivkovic has already agreed to sign for Ajax.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

I wonder what will happen to Josip Drmic at Nuremberg - only 21 and looks the real deal already. 

YES! He has been cracking for Nurnberg this year and would be a very good striker to have!! Only way I could see us going for him is if Benteke leaves.... Which isn't going to happen this summer tbh!

Knockaert just scored a peach of a freekick, said it last year that we should snap him up. Would be good to fill either side of Benteke in a 4-3-3 or in the hole if we play with the diamond. Obviously he wouldn't be a starter for certain as of yet but he certainly has a lot of talent.

Riyad Mahrez is another one at Leicester who looks like he could do the business in the Premier League, although he won't be moving on any time soon since he joined them in January.

Mahrez as posted in Leicester thread in other football, was an absolute steal at 400k, whoever their french scout is he is doing some job!! I like Knockaert and would love him Villa but the Leicester fans i know are saying that Mahrez is even better than Knockaert!

Those 2 are the key for them next season in Premiership, wish we could find talent like those two in France! £1mil for Knockaert and 400k for Mahrez.

I think looking into Finnbogason would be smart, think his price tag was 5 mill last summer, granted probably gone up a bit. Two others who would be worth looking at would be Ben Yedder and Soriano at Salzburg, granted Soriano is a bit farther up there in age.

I really do think Finnbogason will be snapped up by another team, probably playing in the Europa league next season. I think we should look at his team mate Hakim Ziyech. Only 21.

The Dutch league could be our hunting ground this summer, some real talent to found there at the moment.

Zivkovic is signing for Ajax on 1st July unfortunately.

Edit** 

Isa has beaten me to it :) sorry didn't see it :)

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

Would love Ziyech here, mentioned him on here in January along with Isa. Something like 40 shots this season, 8 or 9 goals and 9/10 assists... he really is some talent, have watched some of the games on stream and i think this kid is the real deal.

As for Finnbogason, would have liked him here when we was first linked with him in December 2012. Got to be worth a shot for some team at rumoured £9mil fee?

No Leicester player will want to join Villa at this moment in time why should they.

Ermmm I think most Leicester players would jump at the chance to play for a club like Villa.

I doubt that at this current moment in time.

Stop lowering your expectations.

Lambert has admitted to us enquiring about Holtby in January but his wages being too high for us.

Guess we won't be back in for him in the Summer :(

Well the club has set it's sights extremely low, if you want to pay peanuts you will invariably get monkeys, unless you luck out.