Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Can't see us signing another CB assuming Okore will be fit for pre-season. As for fullbacks, I can see us signing both a left and right back (unless PL patches things up with Lowton)

Certainly think we'll be looking to strengthen central midfield - beyond Delph, Westwood and KEA our options are severely limited and arguably all three could be improved upon.

Onto the inevitable, we need an attacking midfielder that could open up a defence with the right pass - Grealish will undoubtedly be integrated into the squad next season but can't do it all season by himself.

As for strikers, it all depends on Benteke's future - if he goes we'll buy another striker, if not I think we'll stick with what we've got, especially with Kozak returning for pre-season too.

I make that, 2 defenders, 1 central midfielder and 1-2 attacking midfielders in - totalling 4-5 players. 

As for outs, I can see goodbyes being said to Sylla, Luna, possibly Lowton (unfortunately), Gardner and the remaining bomb squad (Bent, Hutton, Given and N'Zogbia) and several reserves including Carruthers, Drennan et al.

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1

I'd be prepared to live with who we've got at the back. I've got a lot of confidence that an Okore/Vlaar partnership will make a big difference. If Okore comes back as fast as he was, he will be able to cover for a lot of FB mistakes.

I think Benteke will stay unless he sets Brazil on fire like a billionaire soya bean farmer.

In which case I'd save our assumed 20 million for spending on two 10 millionish creative players in AM/wing positions.

We'd then have rather a useful-looking first 11. Not much backup, but I've heard it said that Rome wasn't built in a day.

I'd be surprised if Powell was available at all permanently and if he was, I'm sure they'd be looking for a bit more than £5m for him given his talent.

For a 20 year old midfielder who's hardly played in the premier league? I doubt it

I'd be surprised if Powell was available at all permanently and if he was, I'm sure they'd be looking for a bit more than £5m for him given his talent.

For a 20 year old midfielder who's hardly played in the premier league? I doubt it

He is English though which adds a certain premium.

He's hardly setting the championship on fire though

He's hardly setting the championship on fire though

One of their best players season from what I've read from their fans.

Powell played with Westwood at Crewe so he could put in a word. midfield 3 of those 2 plus the scary looking guy in a mask from anderlecht as the destroyer with Grealish and the polish chap (who a lot people are raving about after seeing him play a friendly and has played 6 games all season) would be an improvement on what we currently have. Depending on the opposition and tatics swap whoever for Delph.

Siggurdson will leave Spurs in the summer, would love for us to pick him up

I'd love him, I think he's an excellent player

He would cost more than our entire budget.

We need defenders first and foremost. DEFENDERS!