Dispatches: Abuse On The Terraces

Si.

Just been on Channel 4 and will be available on 4OD no doubt. Unbelievable footage to be honest. I'm thankful that I have never heard this kind of abuse at VP apart from the times when we used to play Chelsea with La Saux or SHA with Upson and the homophobic chanting would start.

Your thoughts?

Edited by Si.

I once got punched in the back of the head for suggesting houllier should sub heskey off. "Support your team dickhead" was his excuse while being led away by security.

While most people at games are normal intelligent members of the gene pool we have to remember that some prehistoric braindead Neanderthals may have managed to leave their cave to join civilisation now and again.

Anyone taking part in any anti social behaviour of any form shouldn't be allowed to partake in society's events.

Edited by Ingram85

Just watched it and unsurprised to see Millwall and West Ham featured.

Do the clubs have to pay for police presence? It looked like the rozzers couldn't be bothered getting involved.

My Dad got spat on by a fellow Villa fan yesterday because he told him to stop booing yesterday after the Norwich goal. Not racially incited but it shows you the amount of idiots that attend football matches. The abuse will never be eradicated no matter how hard anyone tries, unfortunately.

Just been on Channel 4 and will be available on 4OD no doubt. Unbelievable footage to be honest. I'm thankful that I have never heard this kind of abuse at VP apart from the times when we used to play Chelsea with La Saux or SHA with Upson and the homophobic chanting would start.

Your thoughts?

You weren't at the Villa v Leeds game in 2000 then? There was a horribly racist chant being sung by a large section of idiots that day.

still a firm believer that a football crowd is better than society as a whole

being punched, spat at, even verbally abused at VP isn't good enough, but i wouldnt put it past that happening to me if i strolled through town on a Saturday night either, far too many idiots about

said it before in the el ahmadi thread, theres a guy behind me who spends 90 minutes calling him a camel smuggling paki every home game, its shocking, but then again he spent sunday booing weimans every touch, even at 4-1 up he was hurling abuse at the team, everyone around me now just laughs at him, some of the shit he comes out with is unbelievable, but I've had 4 season tickets in the last 5 years, all in different parts of the lower north / holte, and he's the 1st "fan" ive heard like that

Just watched it and unsurprised to see Millwall and West Ham featured.

Do the clubs have to pay for police presence? It looked like the rozzers couldn't be bothered getting involved.

Yeah clubs have to pay the costs of having a police presence, on average at a premier league game its about £35,000 per game

I must say, I am victim to some terrible abuse in the Upper North and the stewards never do anything about it. 

Here is a selection of the jibes I am subjected to at every game I go to. I shall put them behind a spoiler in case they are too harsh for some readers -

Oh for **** sake, why does the lanky **** always sit in front of me!?

Did your Mom put you in a grow bag you massive ****!?

Someone's stretched Bob Marley! (That only happened once :D but there's been a few references to the Marley's and me being a gigantic version of one if not all of them)

Edited by 8pints
  • Like 1

I must say, I am victim to some terrible abuse in the Upper North and the stewards never do anything about it. 

Here is a selection of the jibes I am subjected to at every game I go to. I shall put them behind a spoiler in case they are too harsh for some readers -

Oh for **** sake, why does the lanky **** always sit in front of me!?

Did your Mom put you in a grow bag you massive ****!?

Someone's stretched Bob Marley! (That only happened once :D but there's been a few references to the Marley's and me being a gigantic version of one if not all of them)

And that's when you're sitting.

• Like 1

And that's when you're sitting.

Haha yeah. My Dada kicks off at them sometimes, especially the 'always have to sit in front of me' one. He turns around and says

"Well, he sits there every game, supporting his team buddy (If he doesn't like you, he calls you buddy, little tip in case you ever meet him) so you should have checked that your annual trip down here wouldn't be so hindered."

I just laugh.

Your thoughts?

You weren't at the Villa v Leeds game in 2000 then? There was a horribly racist chant being sung by a large section of idiots that day.

That was horrendous. The single most shameful moment in our history, in my opinion. I'm sure there were worse "back in the day". But this wasn't back in the day, it was the 21st century.

FYI anyone that doesn't remember the chant was "I'd rather be a Paki than a Turk". And it wasn't just a handful of people, IMO it was thousands.

Just watched it, doesn't surprise me which clubs were featured heavily. It surely wouldn't be difficult to nail these rocket polishers using CCTV? It may be expensive but that is what the money in the game should be being used for IMO. I'm not expecting stewards to march individuals out of grounds mid game because we know that is not going to happen, you see the dogs abuse a steward gets when trying to eject someone from a crowd (particularly away) but if they could log the area the abusive chants are coming from and someone in a control room could work on identifying offenders to catch up with them after a game.

Edited by chappy

The police need to pull their finger out starting with their evasive representative on the programme. If they're getting paid to be there then they might make an effort. I wouldn't expect too much from a poorly paid steward who works a handful of hours every fortnight.

Â