Villa latest accounts

andykeenan

...it is quite easy to see that perhaps £40m or even more could have been written off last year...

As I posted above, the article says:

Exceptional charges increased by £2.4million to £8.3 million and included the accelerated amortisation of certain players’ registrations and their employment costs.

So, the most that could have been written off (with regards to 'bomb squad' w/off) is £8.3 million, surely?

I'm also not sure about your idea of capitalizing the players' wages.

That was my thought, Snowychap. The specific reference to accelerated amortisation is for £8.3m so is more likely to be for contracts that have been terminated early  (e.g.does Ireland come into this category?) To a non-accountant, It sounds like sharp practice to accelerate the amortisation of contracts we still hold.

The real problem here is we are floating up into accountancy fantasy-land, speculating increasingly freely about information no-one has actually seen.

Don't think it's sharp practice. If a company has an asset it no longer uses, or plans to use, it should write it off as it is 'impaired'.

Ah **** it, I'm off to the pub!

When the accounts are filed, I see if I can be bothered to spend a quid to get a copy and will maybe add something if it is worthwhile. At least VT members will have something to cure insomnia!

• Like 1

Randy has waived £90m worth of loans, fair play and I tip my hat to him. I may not think he is doing a great job with our club but £90m is a serious amount of money to simply forget about.

Biggest sign to me he's wishing to sell up. Why else nullify the loans he owed himself.

With the debt to equity swap, Mr Lerner doesn't need to waiver his interest payment any longer. Hmmmm. Joy.

Yeah, but obviously good for the club to be rid of that £20 mill (?) payment. That said, with a turnover of £83 mill and an operating loss of £43 mill, there are expenses of £126 mill in the club.

On what exactly? Our player wages should be cut down to ... £70 mill, maybe even lower. So where does the rest of the money go? Will be interesting to see the details.

I've got the actual accounts printed off now, and they make pretty dire reading to be honest.

I'll do a more detailed analaysis later, but here's some highlights (most of which have been reported anyway)

Turnover up £3.5m to £84m

Of which - gate receipts up £700K, TV money up £2.2m, Sponsorship up £500K, commercial no change, UEFA solidarity down £200K.  (Whatever that is)

Staff costs UP £2.3m to £72m :rolleyes:

Impairment of player registrations (ie write off of remaining player values) £6m.  Other termination costs £2.2m.

Overall loss £51m

Interestingly, the PBSE note states that the value of this season's acquisitions has been £18.9m, which when added to £21.7m for last year gives £40.6m.  Quite a bit higher than lots of people including Lambert would have you believe he spent.

I've got the actual accounts printed off now, and they make pretty dire reading to be honest.

I'll do a more detailed analaysis later, but here's some highlights (most of which have been reported anyway)

Of which - gate receipts up £700K, TV money up £2.2m, Sponsorship up £500K, commercial no change, UEFA solidarity down £200K.  (Whatever that is)

Impairment of player registrations (ie write off of remaining player values) £6m.  Other termination costs £2.2m.

Overall loss £51m

Interestingly, the PBSE note states that the value of this season's acquisitions has been £18.9m, which when added to £21.7m for last year gives £40.6m.  Quite a bit higher than lots of people including Lambert would have you believe he spent.

A lot of people have been using 40m as the figure, and to be fair, to build a premier league squad on that is crazy.

Edited by dodgyknees

Overall loss £51m

What makes up the expenses?

With £84m turnover I'm stuggling to understand how the club can make a £51m loss. To me that reads as total expenses being £135m and that just can't be right, so I'm assuming that assest being written off is included in the loss.

Of which - gate receipts up £700K, TV money up £2.2m, Sponsorship up £500K, commercial no change, UEFA solidarity down £200K. (Whatever that is)

Impairment of player registrations (ie write off of remaining player values) £6m. Other termination costs £2.2m.

Overall loss £51m

Interestingly, the PBSE note states that the value of this season's acquisitions has been £18.9m, which when added to £21.7m for last year gives £40.6m. Quite a bit higher than lots of people including Lambert would have you believe he spent.

40.6 mill to rebuild a premiership team, thats some going in fairness. To put it in perspective, it would buy you a Fellaini plus an extra arm.

• Like 2

Of which - gate receipts up £700K, TV money up £2.2m, Sponsorship up £500K, commercial no change, UEFA solidarity down £200K. (Whatever that is)

Impairment of player registrations (ie write off of remaining player values) £6m. Other termination costs £2.2m.

Overall loss £51m

Interestingly, the PBSE note states that the value of this season's acquisitions has been £18.9m, which when added to £21.7m for last year gives £40.6m. Quite a bit higher than lots of people including Lambert would have you believe he spent.

40.6 mill to rebuild a premiership team, thats some going in fairness. To put it in perspective, it would buy you a Fellaini plus an extra arm.

It is the amount you would usually spend on improving, not on building a complete squad.

• Like 1

Another point:

Lerner has written off £90.1m of loan notes from the parent, or more accurately, converted them into equity.  That still leaves £88m of loans that haven't been written off.

So are we in a position to really push on this summer or is it going to be a similar thing?

I have to say to have such lows on the pitch and still lose money is a real concern and I guess is further evidence of how badly Lerner has run the club.

Lots of people have queried the amounts reported for player costs, eg Kovakazak.

Lambert himself being the main one.

You may be more clued up than me, but am I right in thinking that the amounts for player costs in the income statement will include potential clauses/fees that haven't actually been paid in cash yet?

Also, thanks or clearing up how much we have borrowed from the parent company (aka Lerner), so he has essentially wiped off half of the debt owed to him? I know he has converted it into equity but being as he is the only share holder it doesn't really make much difference does it.

Â