Villa latest accounts

andykeenan

I can only think it is that accountancy bollocks of you brought an asset (player) from 10m and sold him for nothing therefore you lost 10m.

We all know that isn't a real loss of course as it was already paid for.

What on this sorry earth are you on about?

Was just about to ask the same thing.

He has waived the £90m though, it is £90m that the club no longer owes to its parent company. Beforehand, if the club was sold tomorrow, the club would still owe £90m to Randy Lerner. Now, if the club was sold tomorrow, the club wouldn't owe Randy that £90m.

I don't believe that is correct and I would suggest that Risso's post from another thread would explain why:

We're probably getting into semantics now, but if you set up Blandy Limited with a £1 share capital say. You then stick £99 in as further share capital. You have £100 in the bank, and a £100 share capital. Or in scenario 2, you put the £99 in as an interest free loan from yourself. You still have £100 in the bank, so are not better off financially. The only difference is that you have a loan that technically has to be paid back to you at some point, compared to a shareholding that you'll only get back if you sell the shares. As it's all "you" in some shape or form, it doesn't make a whole ot of difference. Your trading performance will still be the only thing that affects the Profit and Loss account, which ultimately is what makes a company better off or not.

Great. Now when we play shit football and lose 1-0 to Norwich on the weekend I will at least be a little bit happier knowing we only lost £40m + this year.

Fans do not care, this isn't what they want to hear, fix the issues on the pitch. They will be losing even more next year because who in their right mind would want to turn up to watch what is served up at the moment?

76 clubs being investigated by uefa re ffp. hopefully they're actually going to enforce this!

In a world where PSG are allowed to backdate insane sponsorship deals I seriously doubt UEFA will hammer anybody who is currently a regular in the big European competitions. Financial Fair Play seems to be about keeping clubs like us down.

Theyre one of the clubs being investigated, and uefa say first sanctions announced in April, major sanctions in summer. So you never know

76 clubs being investigated by uefa re ffp. hopefully they're actually going to enforce this!

In a world where PSG are allowed to backdate insane sponsorship deals I seriously doubt UEFA will hammer anybody who is currently a regular in the big European competitions. Financial Fair Play seems to be about keeping clubs like us down.

To be fair, we're doing a good enough job of that ourselves without the intervention of Uefa.

Absolutely gobsmacked at such a huge loss. What's that saying? A fish rots from the head down.

Wow a loss of £43 million. Are we even within the FFP regulations?

Do remember though this is for 2012/2013 , we sold no players for any significant value during this period. In the years previous we were making huge losses which were being offset by the sales of Downing, Milner and Young. That's why , I'm guessing, these figures aren't as positive as we would have hoped. 

You'd have to say Randy was right to pull the plug when he did otherwise he'd have whole lot of toxic debt on his hands.

Converting the 90 million into equity isn't that much of a surprise. He got the club on the cheap on in the first place. Though we still owe Randy a fair amount beyond that 90 million I suspect?

We need someone who knows their stuff to break this down for us average joe's who don't understand the situation fully.

Great. Now when we play shit football and lose 1-0 to Norwich on the weekend I will at least be a little bit happier knowing we only lost £40m + this year.

Fans do not care, this isn't what they want to hear, fix the issues on the pitch. They will be losing even more next year because who in their right mind would want to turn up to watch what is served up at the moment?

I disagree, whilst obviously the results on the pitch are the most important to the fan. Its nice to know that the club are likely to be in decent shape so there's a club to go and watch.

• Like 1

I can only think it is that accountancy bollocks of you brought an asset (player) from 10m and sold him for nothing therefore you lost 10m.

We all know that isn't a real loss of course as it was already paid for.

Have you been drinking

Yes he have

Do remember though this is for 2012/2013 , we sold no players for any significant value during this period. In the years previous we were making huge losses which were being offset by the sales of Downing, Milner and Young. That's why , I'm guessing, these figures aren't as positive as we would have hoped.

And what does that say about 2013/14 and the years beyond, do you think? Edited by snowychap

And what does that say about 2013/14 and the years beyond, do you think?
This year hopefully we will break even, thus being able to spend a similar amount of £20m in the summer on players but on fewer, more quality players, and not make a loss. Hopefully that will improve the team, and next season we will go up the table again as a result, creating more income. If a lot of other clubs find they are falling foul of the financial fair play rules then there may be a lot of panicking by clubs around or above us, making us even more competitive. This is the best case scenario I guess and would explain the plan under Lambert. This is assuming I understand the basics correctly.
  • Like 1

So with my very unqualified eyes i read that as 43m loss but next years report should read that were not operating at a loss anymore?

Again extremely unqualified but i find it hard to believe we'll go from 43m loss to breaking even in a year.

The TV money should make a HUGE difference though I think. I don't really understand the depreciation bollocks, I lasted about 4 weeks in an accountancy firm by which time I considered jumping in front of a train.

I wonder how many other teams will comply with the FFP rules and will go on to panic their way through the next few years, leaving a nice clean run to the Champions League for us :)

None as FFP is bullshit.

Â