Villa latest accounts

andykeenan

Depreciation of tangible assets £5.8 million

Amortisation of player registrations £22.6 million

Staff costs £71.8 million (85% of group turnover)

(These are the headline figures)

From an operational perspective things are improving (slowly).  Last years figures painted a slightly rosier picture due to the profit on player sales and Lerner waiving £20m in accumulated loan note interest.

Net assets (following the debt to equity conversion) expected to be £5.8 million, not accounting for new player registrations and disposals.  

Last season we had Ireland, Dunne, Warnock, Fonz, Bannan and Darren Bent suckling wages from our teat.

Yes exactly. Though i suspect their wages would be 20million for the year. Still makes wages 52 mill. Still very high and not sure whats pushing them up. There still must be a few more high earners at the club.

Last season we had Ireland, Dunne, Warnock, Fonz, Bannan and Darren Bent suckling wages from our teat.

Yes exactly. Though i suspect their wages would be 20million for the year. Still makes wages 52 mill. Still very high and not sure whats pushing them up. There still must be a few more high earners at the club.

Gabby, Delph, Nzogbia, Given, Hutton, Bent (Unless Fulham are paying 100% of his wages), Albrighton (?) seems to be the majority of the players left over from the O'Neill / Houllier / McLeish era of wages and contract renewals.

Edited by cudoz

Bent is still on the books. I would though imagine at present we are only paying less than 50% of his wages.

We have also this season signed Tonev, Bacuna, Helenius, Okore, Luna, Kozak. We also gave much improved contracts to Benteke, Lowton, Weimann and Westwood.

Edited by markavfc40

Staff costs £71.8 million (85% of group turnover)

This is worrying as wages to turnover doesn't seem to be adjusting much even though the squad is getting worse and performances lower.

Was this percentage not similar under MON? Was it not this that lead to him leaving? And 4 years later it seems to not have changed much.

• Like 3

Even with the new TV deal this year, we're still not exactly going to be rolling in it.  Say we get another £30m from the TV deal, without any big growth in the other forms of income, and even if wages come down below £70m, we'll still probably just be breaking even.  I wouldn't expect to see the transfer shackles coming off any time soon.

Though I would say 20m a summer is a good transfer budget for a club in our position.

If we use it from here on to buy 2 or 3 good players instead of buying in bulk to fill out a squad then we will move up the table without increasing our spend.

With the TV money increase the club will be in a healthy position for the first time in many years.

• Like 1

So with my very unqualified eyes i read that as 43m loss but next years report should read that were not operating at a loss anymore?

Again extremely unqualified but i find it hard to believe we'll go from 43m loss to breaking even in a year.

New TV money minus wages of players left would probably see us in the black for next year

And surely the figure for next year won't include the interest payments on the £90M debt that has now been wiped out by Randy.

I don't understand how anyone can ignore these facts, the figures up until May 2013 as a standalone would be disappointing, but add in the removal of debt and the increase in a TV revenue, plus further reduction in player wages (removal of a Given, Bent, Hutton and N'Zogbia), and the figures for the current financial year look very encouraging.

New TV money minus wages of players left would probably see us in the black for next year

And surely the figure for next year won't include the interest payments on the £90M debt that has now been wiped out by Randy.

I don't understand how anyone can ignore these facts, the figures up until May 2013 as a standalone would be disappointing, but add in the removal of debt and the increase in a TV revenue, plus further reduction in player wages (removal of a Given, Bent, Hutton and N'Zogbia), and the figures for the current financial year look very encouraging.

So with my very unqualified eyes i read that as 43m loss but next years report should read that were not operating at a loss anymore?

Again extremely unqualified but i find it hard to believe we'll go from 43m loss to breaking even in a year.

How is that you think the removal of debt is going to make any difference?  There was no interest charged on any loans this year. Lerner had written off last year's interest, and not charged any this year.  So there won't be any improvement in the P&L based on interest.  All the debt to equity conversion will do is present the information in a better light.  it doesn't affect our profitability or our cashflow.

How is that you think the removal of debt is going to make any difference?  There was no interest charged on any loans this year. Lerner had written off last year's interest, and not charged any this year.  So there won't be any improvement in the P&L based on interest.  All the debt to equity conversion will do is present the information in a better light.  it doesn't affect our profitability or our cashflow.

Absolutely right.

Just realised those players won't be removed from the 2013-2014 accounts, but this years accounts won't include Ireland, Dunne, Collins and Warnock

Collins left in August 2012.

The next set of accounts won't show the wages of Ireland, Dunne and Warnock. However they will now include the wages of Kozak, Luna, Tonev, Helnius, Okore and Bacuna. They will also include the much improved contracts that Benteke, Weimann, Westwood and Lowton signed last summer.

Edited by markavfc40

Just realised those players won't be removed from the 2013-2014 accounts, but this years accounts won't include Ireland, Dunne, Collins and Warnock

Collins left in August 2012.

The next set of accounts won't show the wages of Ireland, Dunne and Warnock. However they will now include the wages of Kozak, Luna, Tonev, Helnius, Okore and Bacuna. They will also include the much improved contracts that Benteke, Weimann, Westwood and Lowton signed last summer.

They'll probably show some of Ireland's wages as I doubt Stoke paid everything while he was on loan, and he was only made permanent in January.

I reckon that Dunne, Warnock and part of Ireland's wages is still more than Kozak, Luna, Tonev, Helenius, Okore and Bacuna's wages. In fact, if they were earning roughly £10k each, that'd still be fairly similar to what Dunne was on, I imagine!

Â