Villa latest accounts

andykeenan

That worries more than anything then... We must have one of the lowest wage bills in the PL now surely, yet we still lose £42m :o

Bent + Ireland + Hutton + Given add up to about £12.5m a year combined, how the **** are we losing £42m???

Without those players we have a Championship wage budget. 

Randy waiving £90m of loans is huge.... does make me wonder if it is anything to do with getting the club prepped for a viable sale?

Seems that way, doesn't it?

Edited by maqroll

I think we already knew the info about the £90m, didn't we? (Been the subject of a separate thread, I'm sure.)

These figures look to me very much like we would have expected, but I await those more expert at reading accounts to comment.

Well, we knew that £90m had been put in the club, or the trust, or something like that. I don't think it was actually clear what had been done and why.

Does anybody have access to the actual financial docs?

No, not yet.  The club are doing what they did last year.  Talking about the accounts before they're available to download on Companies House.  That way they can put their spin on a set of numbers, which on the basis of the limited headlines so far, sound very, very bad indeed.

No, not yet. The club are doing what they did last year. Talking about the accounts before they're available to download on Companies House. That way they can put their spin on a set of numbers, which on the basis of the limited headlines so far, sound very, very bad indeed.

I know you explained it before with blandy but would you mind explaining again? What does this £90 million thing mean to us?

No, not yet. The club are doing what they did last year. Talking about the accounts before they're available to download on Companies House. That way they can put their spin on a set of numbers, which on the basis of the limited headlines so far, sound very, very bad indeed.

I know you explained it before with blandy but would you mind explaining again? What does this £90 million thing mean to us?

Surely it means either he;

1. Loves the club dearly and has wiped out £90m of debt out of the goodness of his heart or

2. Wants the club to be debt free to make the club more attractive to buyers.

Probably/certainly number 2.

This is the season before the increase in TV money. With the increased cost cutting this year and the extra £60m? TV money, plus Randy writing off £90m in the money he's put in, does that mean we are actually currently quite well off? Hence why it says the club is self-sustainable. I may be completely wrong.

• Like 1

So did Faulkner lie to the trust back in October then?

Surely he meant for October time or the end of this season? These are the accounts for last season, with players like Ireland, Bent(partially) and Makoun leaving, the wage bill should have been reduced even more so. Plus as sharky said, the new TV money should be getting paid out this year.

Saying that, I find it hard to believe we would have increased our revenue by £40-50m.

Â