• Good
    • Very Good
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very Good

I've been sat in this pub in Newcastle city centre before. It was august 2010 and I 'd just watched us lose six nil with a lanky greasy haired clearing in the woods scoring a hat trick. Today I think I feel worse. The inevitability of their goal was soul destroying. It was like we were begging them to score.

KEA and Westwood were our best player first half, along with vlaar. Second half nobody gets my vote because we were absolutely dire. What the **** is going on with Benteke? He was so bad today, in fact all our attackers were. Also I wonder if lambert didn't bring albrighton on put of defiance because the fans were singing his name, not saying that's the case but it would be worrying if so in a game that was crying out for him.

Norwich has become a must win game.

Like you,I was waiting for their goal to come and the predictability was alarming, I think it is more than systems and form...they look like they have never seen a coach.

I have never seen a villa team with so many ditherers......they get caught with the ball regularly and no one running off it as an outlet.

Edited by limpid
fixed broken quote

Lol at the people saying, "Sylla was the only CM on the bench". Yes, true, but this isn't Football Manager here. Clark has played DM before (yes, years ago), but he would do a quality job in CM for us - well, better than Sylla. I liked Sylla last year as he put in some good performances, but he offers nothing atm. He can't pass and his positioning is awful, both of which I'd actually let go if he put in hard challenges and won the ball in the middle of the field - but he doesn't. 

First half we were good and Westwood played very well - one of the best performances I've seen from him. But, as usual, we never capitalise. It's always the same.

Lol at the people saying, "Sylla was the only CM on the bench". Yes, true, but this isn't Football Manager here. Clark has played DM before (yes, years ago), but he would do a quality job in CM for us - well, better than Sylla. I liked Sylla last year as he put in some good performances, but he offers nothing atm. He can't pass and his positioning is awful, both of which I'd actually let go if he put in hard challenges and won the ball in the middle of the field - but he doesn't. 

First half we were good and Westwood played very well - one of the best performances I've seen from him. But, as usual, we never capitalise. It's always the same.

Yes Clark would definately do a better job cm than Sylla.

• Like 1

Interesting what you say about Clark, I would have been tempted to do the same....Vlaar started to struggle when Westwood went off, he was left too exposed.

Sylla was playing half decent last season, but has now become a liability, like so many others.

Seems to me we didn't t play him enough when he was playing ok.....now we play him when he is bankrupt of form.

Decisions at the club, look laboured to me.

I'd join in with the anti Lambo stuff,

But

Yet again our strikers missed decent chances, we can't pin that one on him. They really need to produce or ship out

We didn't really have a massive guilt edge chance. Gabby had a couple of runs and a couple flashed across the box. I reckon The save Krul made from Gabby was our best chance. Chase missed an absolute sitter, Remy could have scored a minute before he did, and they should have had a penalty as well. Looking at real chances I thought they had the better of them.

But

Yet again our strikers missed decent chances, we can't pin that one on him. They really need to produce or ship out

We didn't really have a massive guilt edge chance. Gabby had a couple of runs and a couple flashed across the box. I reckon The save Krul made from Gabby was our best chance. Chase missed an absolute sitter, Remy could have scored a minute before he did, and they should have had a penalty as well. Looking at real chances I thought they had the better of them.

Yes I agree we didn't really create much. Weimann played a couple of good balls in and nearly got on the end of a cross shot. Bacuna had a couple of freekicks in good areas. But in the second half I don't think we created anything.

Mcleish used to play Clark in DCM role. Indeed he scored v Spurs in his final home game, a decent 1-1 draw.

I'm sorry but I can't let this comment pass me by. If anyone thinks this period of time at villa is worse than the last 2 months of mcleish's tenure, when this 'decent' 1-1 draw took place, then they are absolutely, 100% totally wrong.

That 1-1 draw was one of the most inept performances I have seen at villa park...dire.... lacking in direction, skill & application.

Clark scored from a speculative 25 yard shot that took a deflection and looped over friedel into the net. It was the only attempt at goal of any worth and to this day I do not know how we came away with a draw.

N'zogbia's performance that day was so bad it was comical...I seriously thought he was doing it on purpose.

I agree we should be doing better, and to lose to a goal in the last minute like we did today is a sickener. Yes on form I expected us to win today, I really did, but newcastle is still a tough place to go.

We're not very good at the moment...but we're miles better than under mcleish.

• Like 1

But

Not sure who chase is. Meant Cisse.

Mcleish used to play Clark in DCM role. Indeed he scored v Spurs in his final home game, a decent 1-1 draw.

I'm sorry but I can't let this comment pass me by. If anyone thinks this period of time at villa is worse than the last 2 months of mcleish's tenure, when this 'decent' 1-1 draw took place, then they are absolutely, 100% totally wrong.

That 1-1 draw was one of the most inept performances I have seen at villa park...dire.... lacking in direction, skill & application.

Clark scored from a speculative 25 yard shot that took a deflection and looped over friedel into the net. It was the only attempt at goal of any worth and to this day I do not know how we came away with a draw.

N'zogbia's performance that day was so bad it was comical...I seriously thought he was doing it on purpose.

I agree we should be doing better, and to lose to a goal in the last minute like we did today is a sickener. Yes on form I expected us to win today, I really did, but newcastle is still a tough place to go.

A lot of what you have described there applies to us this season under Lambert and the second half today. Especially lacking in skill and direction.

A lot of what you have described there applies to us this season under Lambert and the second half today. Especially lacking in skill and direction.

We're still miles better than under mcleish

The cold hard facts is that yet again we are averaging around a point again for the 3rd season in the row.

So you're saying Lambert is doing a good job because he's lowered the wages and got rid of the debt while maintaining our position?

Haha good one.

At this stage in the season we were doing better under McLeish.

Sadly I'm not sure I agree with that statement. I actually think Lambert is doing a worse job. Utterly utterly inept.

I really don't think we are any better than under McLeish. I just think under McLeish you knew what you were going to get and we knew not to expect any better from him, but there is still the memory of how we played at the end of last season that still gives the forlorn hope that we might play well under Lambert.

Â