• Good
    • Very Good
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very Good

Nobody is saying forced substitutions are ideal, but once again the man we brought on in the centre of midfield hasn't put in a decent first team performance for very nearly a calendar year. Our subs bench at the start of the game is indicative of the problem:

Steer/Sylla/Holt/Clark/Albrighton/Tonev/Bennett

Seven subs, of whom 2 (clark and albrighton) are even remotely able to play Premier League football. There are Championship teams with stronger benches. 

Thats the problem we just have no backup in the centre of midfield. Might as well bring on Steer for all the use Sylla is. Why let Gardner go on loan!

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

The 2 poor subs is just papering over the cracks....Westwood &bertrand were clearly carrying knocks, so I understood the fact he had to use subs.

The big problem is....and has been for some considerable time is that we have a soft underbelly....and no manager has really addressed it.

Newcastle for me today was shocking, but nevertheless I expected us to get beat....unlucky, forget it, poor play.

The amount of ricochets that went to them was laughable, our positioning and movement off the ball looks like the team has never seen a coach.

We seem to wince our way through every physical encounter and this has an effect on the outcome of the ball....no intelligent running upfront that compliments the decent approach play.....it's all become so predictable.

This lot is a ----ing mess, and going absolutely nowhere.

Edited by TRO

Only saw the second half but that was a dreadful half. We were lucky they hadn't scored twice before they finally did.

Things change quickly in football. If we don't get a new owner in the summer we're just waiting to get relegated (that's if we don't go down this season). The sad thing is I wasn't even angry when they scored, I half expected it. We're a team nobody will miss from the Premier League. We're awful to watch most of the time. Does anyone miss teams like Bolton, Middlesbrough or Derby? No of course not. That's us today. Forget about history it doesn't matter when a game of football is played. 

I've been a Lambert supporter but when he says things like "he always set's his teams out to win" then he's just lying. It was obvious we were just happy trying to salvage a point against a Newcastle team in horrible form.

Edited by bose

I've stood up for Lambert in the past, and I do think we need some consitency long term, but at this point I hope he goes at the end of the season regardless of wheter we stay up or not. He is tactically inept and it is just so depressing that all you can do is try your best not to care anymore.

I don't think Sylla is good enough, I don't think he'll go on to make his career in the Premier league. I don't recall him doing anything wrong today though.

Did you actually watch the game?  His very first touch of the ball was just to punt it miles over our players and out of play.

Yes..... he fits in with the rest of our players. Young and hungry apparently. That phrase is getting up there with proud history,bright future for industrial grade bullshit.

Sadly I think this is the season where our tenure in the Premiership ends. The simple fact and today's performance proves it yet again is that we don't deserve a place in the top flight because we are simply not good enough. We can't score goals and that has been a problem for years. We are slightly better in defence this season but we are still far too easy score against. The combination of those two facts spell disaster. Norwich was and still very much is a must win game but that is not enough. We will get stuffed in the next three games after that and all I can hope is that we limit the net effect on our goal difference to less than 10.

We have a squad full of players that are simply not good enough. That is a combination of probably 50% of the players we have bought being Championship standard at best coupled with the so over hyped products of our academy system many of whom do not look like Premiership grade players and never will. Add to that the clown we have as a manager and we have a perfect storm. 

Its the fans I feel sorry for. Paying money to watch this shit.

Lambert didn't acknowledge the fans did he?

I know in the grand scheme of things it's not the worst of our problems but it winds me up he only goes over to them after a positive result, especially when they've travelled that distance at stupid o'clock on a Sunday morning.

Well Portugal worked then,seemed like the front three stayed in different resorts and have not seen each other for the last month.Giving out perks before they have been earned always leads to the attitude and arrogance of the job is done why bother.Today was so predictable and on the cards only the dazzled few could not see it coming, put a big man on benteke, stop the long ball game and there is no other tactic to deal with, wait till they tire and grab the winner. Aftermatch interview manager will say we were great no problem!

The cold hard facts is that yet again we are averaging around a point again for the 3rd season in the row.

So you're saying Lambert is doing a good job because he's lowered the wages and got rid of the debt while maintaining our position?

Â