Midweek football 17/20 Feb

andykeenan

Citeh will have someone sent off.

a095b62ba601cdf2e9b5ff3d0e9c8069_biscuit

fingers crossed

i love biscuits! did notice ITV try and give him a sly dig as the man who kept toure out of the team, criminally underrated player

Busquets isn't

He's one of those that almost everybody likes to call underrated, surely that doesn't make him underrated?

He's really not appreciated by English commentators and pundits. He doesn't have the eye catching style of play of Toure yet he's an absolute linchpin for both his teams.

Doesn't really mean much though, the English Media considered Ibrahimovic to be like a cheap Berbatov until recently.

i think a lot of people cant look past the antics whenever you mention busquets, pedro too

both really good players, who are undoubtedly cheats, which somehow makes them shit...

Busquets is very fortunate to be at Barcelona mind. I'm not particularly convinced he's that much better than Barry, Carrick etc. I particularly enjoyed his contribution when they played Bayern last year.

People seem to have an enormous amount of praise for sideways passing CM's.

i think a lot of people cant look past the antics whenever you mention busquets, pedro too

both really good players, who are undoubtedly cheats, which somehow makes them shit...

Busquets is very fortunate to be at Barcelona mind. I'm not particularly convinced he's that much better than Barry, Carrick etc. I particularly enjoyed his contribution when they played Bayern last year.

you see thats why i think he's underrated! he's not fortunate to be at barca or spain, he's one of the reasons barca and spain are so effective

forget the sideways passing that i agree a lot of players can do, its the engine, the pressure that he creates, the ability to make himslef available for a simple pass be it from the back 4 or those in front of him, the mopping up that he does and the gamesmanship that he has, knowing when to foul and as daft as it sounds how to foul so that an attack gets broken up and he doesnt get boked that makes him absolutely head and shoulders above carrick and barry

haha as i type that he nails silva and doesnt get booked!

Edited by villa4europe

Did you just compare him to Gareth Barry?

And how is fortunate to be at Barcelona? He would have excelled at any club. The managers of club and country don't have to consistently pick him.

you see thats why i think he's underrated! he's not fortunate to be at barca or spain, he's one of the reasons barca and spain are so effective

forget the sideways passing that i agree a lot of players can do, its the engine, the pressure that he creates, the ability to make himslef available for a simple pass be it from the back 4 or those in front of him, the mopping up that he does and the gamesmanship that he has, knowing when to foul and as daft as it sounds how to foul so that an attack gets broken up and he doesnt get boked that makes him absolutely head and shoulders above carrick and barry

haha as i type that he nails silva and doesnt get booked!

Yeah he is very good but I don't think he should actually be starting at Barca, this isn't 2010 anymore and Barca aren't on a different planet to the rest of the world so having somebody whose main asset is keeping the ball and fouling is just not worth it anymore.

They'd be a much better team if they had somebody like De Rossi

Â