Best business in a January transfer window

Avflife

Been thinking about the best business Villa have ever done in a January transfer window. Personally think it would of been when we signed Robbie Keane on loan from LA Galaxy in the 2011/12 season, anyone suggest otherwise??

Edited by Avflife

Bent and Keane are probably the signings who made the most immediate effect, looking more to the short-term effect than long-term, but will be mentioning Young and Carew without a doubt in some detail.

LMFAO Grant Holt :D What are peoples' most fondest moment from when Darren Bent, Ashley Young and John Carew played for Villa??

I'm not joking! Just wait and see....

This signing will be a master stroke and define our season.

• Like 2

LMFAO Grant Holt :D What are peoples' most fondest moment from when Darren Bent, Ashley Young and John Carew played for Villa??

I'm not joking! Just wait and see....

This signing will be a master stroke and define our season.

Seriously lol, the pie lover won't even score a Premier League goal this season.

Got to be Carew for Baros? Young was also great business. Left field shout but Kyle Walker in on loan too, created a lot of goals for Bent.

LMFAO Grant Holt :D What are peoples' most fondest moment from when Darren Bent, Ashley Young and John Carew played for Villa??

Favourite john Carew moment: hat trick at reading. Favourite Ashley young moment: away at Everton. Favourite Darren bent moment: away at arsenal.

For short term impact I can appreciate people saying Bent. However the fact that after his initial 4 months for us he has contributed very little makes his combined price tag and wages of upwards of 35 mill, and likely lack of resale fee, means for me I can't consider him to be anything like good business.

It would therefore be Ashley Young for me. Signed for around 9 mill, gave us 4 and half years good service and we then got 16 mill for him. At times that front 3 of Ash, Gabby and Carew was unplayable.

Â