Best business in a January transfer window

Avflife

For short term impact I can appreciate people saying Bent. However the fact that after his initial 4 months for us he has contributed very little makes his combined price tag and wages of upwards of 35 mill, and likely lack of resale fee, means for me I can't consider him to be anything like good business.

It would therefore be Ashley Young for me. Signed for around 9 mill, gave us 4 and half years good service and we then got 16 mill for him. At times that front 3 of Ash, Gabby and Carew was unplayable.

Why is it that you mention bents wages when saying how much we paid for him but youngs wages don't get a mention? Edited by mikeyp102

For short term impact I can appreciate people saying Bent. However the fact that after his initial 4 months for us he has contributed very little makes his combined price tag and wages of upwards of 35 mill, and likely lack of resale fee, means for me I can't consider him to be anything like good business.

It would therefore be Ashley Young for me. Signed for around 9 mill, gave us 4 and half years good service and we then got 16 mill for him. At times that front 3 of Ash, Gabby and Carew was unplayable.

Why is it that you mention bents wages when saying how much we paid for him but youngs wages don't get a mention?

I think the point is we got £16m for Young when we sold him on so a good wodge of his wages would have been recouped, on top of the value he added to the team over a 4 year period.  Bent cost twice as much fee, helped us for half a season (although admittedly keeping our premier league status was absolutely critical) and we are likely to get next to nothing back on his sale.

• Like 1

Why is it that you mention bents wages when saying how much we paid for him but youngs wages don't get a mention?

I think the point is we got £16m for Young when we sold him on so a good wodge of his wages would have been recouped, on top of the value he added to the team over a 4 year period.  Bent cost twice as much fee, helped us for half a season (although admittedly keeping our premier league status was absolutely critical) and we are likely to get next to nothing back on his sale.

Thanks Briny. Saved me replying

Â