Transfer Deadline Day

Crumpet

Celtic accepts 800k bid for Joe Ledley, bid made by Crystal Palace. Seems like quite a good deal that.

thought I read that Palace have the biggest squad in the prem  ...  even to the point that some signings Holloway made in July were then not given Squad numbers as a result

does that mean they have to dump a load of players ?

Holloway signed that many players that one of the players he signed didn't even make the squad of 25 for the premier league. That didn't go down too well.

all quiet at villa - bit worrying that...

i'd say we need at least 1 cb, 2 cm, 1 winger to give us a balanced starting 11 never mind a balanced squad.

I suspect, and I may be wrong, I suspect you may be disappointed come 11pm tonight.

• Like 1

Only my opinion of course but Baker isnt good enough, i'm not convinced by Clark and believe he should be our number 3 CB for now which leaves us with... ermmm...

We can play Lowton at CB but then that leaves us short there.

We need another solid CB as we look very very short when Vlaar isnt in there.

I fully expect that we wont sign anyone today and i think thats a travesty and highlights Lamberts shortcomings in the transfer market, when there are players moving in this window i think would have improved us for fees and wages i suspect we could afford.

I think PL sees it as,

Vlaar,Okore,Clark and Baker as his four.

Then Herd or Lowton as makeshift CB's after those.

Then Donacien coming through aswell.

Seriously doubt we'd be signing another one...

Heard someone mention Jack Rodwell and us earlier. Would have liked to have seen him come for 6 months. Seriously doubt that will happen though.

Also are we going to sign a creative player todayy ? :(

I think i'm on my own in being reasonably content with our business so far. I don't want a WBA-like kneejerk signing, I'd be content for us to persue better targets and get them in very early in the summer like last summer.

GK - Fine, as good as any other team really

DC - With Okore on the mend we'll have 4 more than competant Centre Halves

WB - Bertrand has solved the LB gap whilst Lowton and Bacuna will do us until the end of the season when we'll upgrade i'm sure

CM - Obviously an AMC would be nice, but IMO Weimann has performed that role pretty well when needed and if the right quality isnt available at a good price now then a panic few million potentally wasted wouldnt be wise

Wingers - With N'Zog to come back, we have enough quality and backup there for this season.

Strikers - Tick.

Basically..our squad is looking alright at the moment IMO. If we add quality over quantity in the summer we'll have a decent season next season IMO.

• Like 1

PalaceStats ‏@PalaceStats 3m

Swansea are attempting to sign Bannan on loan but #CPFC are undecided on whether to let the midfielder out on loan.

Is Laudrup just wanting to **** Swansea over by signing some of the worst players in the country?

N Gog and Bannan??? Seriously?

He can do that if he likes :P One more team to finish below Villa haha.

Â