Grant Holt

samjp26

Nonsense. He's had 2 outrageous successes that have quadrupled in value and several others that have more than justified their meagre transfer fees as well as a good few that could well do so in the future.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with all of that but who is the second 'outrageous success' who has quadrupled in value out of interest?

Well Lambert has made 2 successful proven signings since he arrived 2 out of 16 is not exactly prolific?

Nonsense. He's had 2 outrageous successes that have quadrupled in value and several others that have more than justified their meagre transfer fees as well as a good few that could well do so in the future.

Out of interest, who is the second player you are talking about? I take it one of them is Benteke, but I really struggle to see which player has quadrupled in value since arriving. Maybe you are thinking of Guzan, but he was basically a Villa-player and I doubt he would have been signed if let's say he was released from a club like Newcastle or Southampton, and not Villa.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with all of that but who is the second 'outrageous success' who has quadrupled in value out of interest?

I'm not sure about outrageous success, but given the small initial fees I would think Westwood, Bacuna and Lowton have probably all quadrupled in value if not more. 

• Like 1

Benteke, Vlaar and Westwood have been successes.

Okore, we hope will be a success, but in all honestly we don't know.

The rest, well, they are all a bit meh, except for Luna and Tonev who are just shite.

I'm not sure about outrageous success, but given the small initial fees I would think Westwood, Bacuna and Lowton have probably all quadrupled in value if not more.

Bacuna was £800k so yes. Westwood and Lowton were like £2m each so I don't believe either has quadrupled in value or even tripled.

Bacuna was £800k so yes. Westwood and Lowton were like £2m each so I don't believe either has quadrupled in value or even tripled.

Were they? I was thinking they were both less than that, but if it's the case then I agree. Maybe doubled in value though, and I wouldn't think either have dropped. 

• Like 1

Bacuna was my second player. He cost £800k - £1m. Not that this has any relevance to Holt.

In what alternate universe has Bacuna been an outrageous success?  He's scored some decent goals, but as a right back he's mostly been dreadful.

IMO there are very few players  Lambert has signed who wouldn't turn a profit if sold in the morning. Now, that's more down to the magic PL tax that seems to kick in when clubs sell players, but the historical figures speak for themselves - it's very rare a PL side will sign a younger player, have them play a minimum of 15 times in the top flight, and sell for a loss. This is also helped by the small fees we paid for pretty much everyone

Even Tonev would make a profit if we sold him IMO. Not a deserved one, but he'd certainly not be going for less than we paid

You have to be joking.  On what basis would anybody pay anything at all for Tonev, let alone offer us our money back?

People back in Poland/Bulgaria where he was, on the whole, a success?

Bacuna was my second player. He cost £800k - £1m. Not that this has any relevance to Holt.

In what alternate universe has Bacuna been an outrageous success? He's scored some decent goals, but as a right back he's mostly been dreadful.

In the universe where he kept the best winger in the league quiet (a winger who earns his transfer fee in a month), the universe where he's been crucial in every home win, the universe where he's provided a threat from set pieces, while being played out of position the whole time in his first season away from home at the age of 22.

When you spend six figures on a 21 year old in the PL you expect them to have a 1st season impact like Helenius (ie. none). He's already a key first team player who provides a goal threat from right back. Obviously its not unthinkable that someone on an anti Lambert crusade might try to highlight his tactical naivety at RB (not his natural position) as evidence he's another shit disaster waste of money idiot loser signing but to be honest I don't really feel the need to debate that.

Then again you do think Vlaar is a "Terrible player" IIRC so by that measure the Bacuna signing has been an unmitigated catastrophe. I can't even begin to comprehend how disappointed you must be with Holt.

Were they? I was thinking they were both less than that, but if it's the case then I agree. Maybe doubled in value though, and I wouldn't think either have dropped. 

I don't think many, if any, of Lambert's signings will have dropped in value if we decided to sell them.

That's one huge positive in the types of players he signs.

Even if they don't work, they won't lose us tonnes of money and will be much more saleable than our previous "bomb squad"

You have to be joking.  On what basis would anybody pay anything at all for Tonev, let alone offer us our money back?

I have some gardening that needs doing, and would happily pay the club up to £100 to send him down to do it.

This is the same Lowton who can't get on the bench some weeks and Lambert seems to have lost faith with? You think someone would pay £4m plus for Lowton? Now that is nonsense!

Well Lambert has made 2 successful proven signings since he arrived 2 out of 16 is not exactly prolific?

Out of interest, who is the second player you are talking about? I take it one of them is Benteke, but I really struggle to see which player has quadrupled in value since arriving. Maybe you are thinking of Guzan, but he was basically a Villa-player and I doubt he would have been signed if let's say he was released from a club like Newcastle or Southampton, and not Villa.

Guzan had been released in May - see you Brad you're done here. Lamber then signed him in July on a new 3yr deal. So he defo counts and is another that has easily doubled maybe more in Value.

Guzan had been released in May - see you Brad you're done here. Lamber then signed him in July on a new 3yr deal. So he defo counts and is another that has easily doubled maybe more in Value.

Double of zero is zero though ;)

Â