Wes Hoolahan

LockStockVilla

3-4m for 31 hoolahan that fans dont even want? with respect i think i will pass on that one

It would never happen, the top end of that (£4m) is getting close to what we paid for Benteke and it would be one of Lambert's biggest fees spent with us.

I'd grab £1.5m for a 31 year old player (he'll be 32 by the end of the season) who is currently on the fringes of the squad, if that is what we have offered.

All of this bad blood does no one at Norwich any good.  It actually is bad for their current management team as well as it says that they are still bitter Lambert left them and ergo they still want him as their manager,  they are not satisfied with what they have now

• Like 1

Where does Gary Gardner play?

Isn't it about time he got a crack, rather than signing a Norwich reserve?

I think he just wants to bring in some experience to help the young players out!

How many PL appearances?

60,70?

Experience?

Or does Lambert just want friends around the place?

I don't see Hoolahan making any difference to our present line up, and would expect him to be cuddling Holt on the bench.

And the confusing thing is, you want Gardner to play, who has not shown anything to suggest he will make it.

Strange.

Anti Lambert agenda, pro Lerner agenda.

You're going off on one of your tangents again!

I enquired about where Gardner plays, nothing more. I am an ST holder and can't really remember seeing him play, which suggests that his chances to 'show anything' have been extremely limited. As one of our apparently brighter prospects, I would hate us to sign Hoolahan and have a Knight/Cahill situation.

Because I question a potential signing makes me anti-Lambert? Sorry, I don't get that one.

And I assume that you have mentioned the owner because you like to feed your personal obsession, because I can't see where he would be relevant to the discussion?

All of this bad blood does no one at Norwich any good.  It actually is bad for their current management team as well as it says that they are still bitter Lambert left them and ergo they still want him as their manager,  they are not satisfied with what they have now

Maybe they just don't want to sell?

3-4m for 31 hoolahan that fans dont even want? with respect i think i will pass on that one

It would never happen, the top end of that (£4m) is getting close to what we paid for Benteke and it would be one of Lambert's biggest fees spent with us.

I'd grab £1.5m for a 31 year old player (he'll be 32 by the end of the season) who is currently on the fringes of the squad, if that is what we have offered.

Eh? We spent nearly £8m on Benteke.

Eh? We spent nearly £8m on Benteke.

We didn't, but that is a whole other topic.

To us.  If someone like Fulham,  Newcastle,  Stoke,  Cardiff,  WBA etc etc etc  put in a bid of around 1.5M they'd sell him of that I have no doubt at all.  It is us they have the issue with and it is because they are still sore we took Paul from them.  

To us.  If someone like Fulham,  Newcastle,  Stoke,  Cardiff,  WBA etc etc etc  put in a bid of around 1.5M they'd sell him of that I have no doubt at all.  It is us they have the issue with and it is because they are still sore we took Paul from them.  

I'm pretty sure we would not sell him for £1.5m to anyone else but its also correct to say we do not want to sell to Villa/Lambert if we can help it. Lambert/Villa manufactured his departure from us and then tried to avoid us getting the rightful compensation. Most clubs would be sore. Its no coincidence that Lambert falls out with every club he leaves/walks out on because he is a ruthless individual who is only ultimately concerned with his own career. That's fine, we knew that, benefitted from it for a while and ultimately should not have been surprised that he walked out on us in the same way he did Colchester. That's not to say though that we are not entitled to be disappointed or indeed that we should go about making his life easier now he's your manager by selling him any players he fancies when we don't need to sell them.

I think he just wants to bring in some experience to help the young players out!

How many PL appearances?

60,70?

Experience?

I don't see Hoolahan making any difference to our present line up, and would expect him to be cuddling Holt on the bench.

And the confusing thing is, you want Gardner to play, who has not shown anything to suggest he will make it.

Strange.

I enquired about where Gardner plays, nothing more. I am an ST holder and can't really remember seeing him play, which suggests that his chances to 'show anything' have been extremely limited. As one of our apparently brighter prospects, I would hate us to sign Hoolahan and have a Knight/Cahill situation.

Because I question a potential signing makes me anti-Lambert? Sorry, I don't get that one.

And I assume that you have mentioned the owner because you like to feed your personal obsession, because I can't see where he would be relevant to the discussion?

You do make me laugh, accusing me of going 'off on a tangent' for expressing an opinion and asking a question. This is an open forum.

I'm pretty sure we would not sell him for £1.5m to anyone else but its also correct to say we do not want to sell to Villa/Lambert if we can help it. Lambert/Villa manufactured his departure from us and then tried to avoid us getting the rightful compensation. Most clubs would be sore. Its no coincidence that Lambert falls out with every club he leaves/walks out on because he is a ruthless individual who is only ultimately concerned with his own career. That's fine, we knew that, benefitted from it for a while and ultimately should not have been surprised that he walked out on us in the same way he did Colchester. That's not to say though that we are not entitled to be disappointed or indeed that we should go about making his life easier now he's your manager by selling him any players he fancies when we don't need to sell them.

How long ago did this happen? My word!!

Get over it Naaaarch you got dumped by Lambo for a bigger club! Theres a pecking order. Know your place! :D

It's likely this kind of attitude that doesn't sit well with their board either.

I dont think Delia looks at VT. Im not 100% on that.

She does, I'm ITK on this.

She does?

Delia if ya reading can ya post that special shepherds pie recipe, I cant find it anywhere....

flood.gif

• Like 1

How many PL appearances?

60,70?

Experience?

Strange.

You do make me laugh, accusing me of going 'off on a tangent' for expressing an opinion and asking a question. This is an open forum.

That was my point exactly.

Are Norwich the only ones who accuse us of not doing things correctly?  Since Lerner took over the majority of teams have come out and praised how Villa have conducted themselves during transfers.

Â