Wes Hoolahan

LockStockVilla

I'm blaming Delia for this impasse.

You really shouldn't, Bowkett (chairman) McNally (ceo) pull the strings these days .

I wonder what the tension is like when we actually go up against one another in the executive areas. It's probably more fierce than the fans.

Transfer requests are understandable when someone is in the twilight of their career and not getting a game.  It's been turned down purely to spite us, which is their prerogative I suppose given recent history.

We should all hope that Norwich don't sack Hughton before the end of the window because if they do i'm sure any new manager coming in will put Hoolahan straight back into the team again.

Im sure they have this in the back of their mind too. After all he was one of their best players when the manager fancied him.

Seriously pathetic from Norwich this, the bloke isn't starting games for them, and rarely gets off the bench either

from looking at the Norwich forums they seem to rate him and dislike Houghton for not playing him

Houghton hasn't been great, but following Lambert was always gonna be an incredibly hard challenge. Back to back promotions and entertaining high scoring football is hard for a defensive minded coach to follow, so they probably dislike him for more reasons than just Hoolahan.

Have I missed some sort of in-joke where we all call Hughton "Houghton" instead?  :mellow:

I think this transfer will happen.  It's all the usual bollocks r.e: transfer requests being turned down = inevitable transfer

• Like 1

I'm blaming Delia for this impasse.

You really shouldn't, Bowkett (chairman) McNally (ceo) pull the strings these days .

I wonder what the tension is like when we actually go up against one another in the executive areas. It's probably more fierce than the fans.

Might be an idea to flash the executive area up onto the big screen during some lulls in the play (the full 90 mins :P ) when Norwich come to Villa Park later in the season.

Not as bad as people calling Hoolahan "Houlihan"

Or Kozak "Kovak".

Houlihan is the more common way of spelling the name in Ireland though so can see how it gets mixed up, Hughton and Houghton are completely different names.

Seriously pathetic from Norwich this, the bloke isn't starting games for them, and rarely gets off the bench either

from looking at the Norwich forums they seem to rate him and dislike Houghton for not playing him

Houghton hasn't been great, but following Lambert was always gonna be an incredibly hard challenge. Back to back promotions and entertaining high scoring football is hard for a defensive minded coach to follow, so they probably dislike him for more reasons than just Hoolahan.

Have I missed some sort of in-joke where we all call Hughton "Houghton" instead? :mellow:

I think this transfer will happen. It's all the usual bollocks r.e: transfer requests being turned down = inevitable transfer

Jesus, who rammed a stick up your botty this morning? ;)

Other than that I agree.

Â