Doug Ellis 90th Birthday - BBC

jackbauer24

We got knocked out of the FA Cup by League 1 Sheffield Utd today but could anything be worse than having Ellis as Chairman of the greatest Club in history?

Getting knocked out of the FA Cup by League 1 Sheffield Utd today and having Ellis as Chairman of the greatest Club in history.

• Like 1

See my sig.

No matter how much I want Lerner out, I would never change him back for Ellis. The man is an arrogant individual, you know those American/Hollywood films, the ones that change history?

That is Doug.

• Like 1

A humble man  - yeah right - humble my arse - he doesn't know the meaning of the word. Not just me saying this as a personal attack but he definitely is NOT humble.

Goes to all our matches - so would I seeing it costs him diddly squat and gets all his champers and lobster and prawns free of charge

Knighted due to services for charities - compared to his wealth I've given just as much as have millions of others - who didn't do it for the prestige

Left the club is great shape - er - no - was in debt and made a huge personal fortune out of our club 

Sold cheaply to get the right owner - with the debt it was in it had to be cheap.

What's not to like? And those fans phoning his house to abuse him, disgrace! - the last bit I agree with - that was a disgrace!

• Like 1

A humble man  - yeah right - humble my arse - he doesn't know the meaning of the word. Not just me saying this as a personal attack but he definitely is NOT humble.

Goes to all our matches - so would I seeing it costs him diddly squat and gets all his champers and lobster and prawns free of charge

Knighted due to services for charities - compared to his wealth I've given just as much as have millions of others - who didn't do it for the prestige

Left the club is great shape - er - no - was in debt and made a huge personal fortune out of our club 

Sold cheaply to get the right owner - with the debt it was in it had to be cheap.

What's not to like? And those fans phoning his house to abuse him, disgrace! - the last bit I agree with - that was a disgrace!

hi Naz

Hope you are OK?

Leave the deluded fools to it, there were always some who were blind as **** to Ellis's faults!

That last bit was only a disgrace because Ellis the sly, crafty old miser reversed the charges. Yes. Even the call from his mother.

I despise Doug Ellis.

I live close to him.

I see him regularly.

I have never abused him, nor ever would.

I would never shake his hand either.

It has always suited Doug to play the 'abused' card, but by grabbing the limelight, and extracting the fortune that he did in the manner that he did, he put himself firmly in the firing line. And he exaggerates the 'abuse' just like he exaggerates everything else.

Edited by thetrees
  • Like 2

That last bit was only a disgrace because Ellis the sly, crafty old miser reversed the charges. Yes. Even the call from his mother.

That last bit did make me laugh - probably true

hi Naz

Hope you are OK?

Leave the deluded fools to it, there were always some who were blind as **** to Ellis's faults!

Yeah I'm fine buddy. I know mate - just winds me up all this re-writing of actual facts.

Hope you are ok too mate

How you can take any credit from buying the Champions of Europe and then gradually destroying them over a quarter of a century? then after quickly destroying that side relegate them twice and eventually, after ruining the clubs credibility and missing the biggest opportunity to hit the big time that this club has ever had sell them to another corner shop broker who has taken us through the most soul destroying episode as a Villa fan i can remember in 35 bloody frustrating years?  Ellis take a bow son.

Yes you may have left the club financially stable... as a second rate club which even a Billionaire couldn't resurrect!! 

But you could have, with a bit more ambition and a bigger pair of nads had a financially stable massive club!

Edited by danceoftheshamen

Anyone supporting Ellis needs to brush up on the history of Aston Villa.

Ellis was an unmitigated disaster for this club. When we had the chance to stay up there at the top he would not spend the money. The clubs money, by the way, not his.

He only ever took from this club.

If money had been spent at the right time we would, in my opinion, have been up there with Manchester United and Liverpool and possibly would still be so now, and he is solely responsible for our decline.

I feel most strongly that history should not be re-written by our younger fans, who can have no conception of the damage caused to our club by his tenure. 

• Like 4

We got knocked out of the FA Cup by League 1 Sheffield Utd today but could anything be worse than having Ellis as Chairman of the greatest Club in history?

Getting knocked out of the League Cup by League 1 Doncaster and having Ellis as Chairman of the greatest Club in history.

fixed for you

Â