Doug Ellis 90th Birthday - BBC

jackbauer24

On 03/01/2018 at 14:32, Vive_La_Villa said:

I can't believe I read a whole page until I realised the thread started 4 years ago. 

Same here - I even read Naz’s big post about Ellis and “liked” it before I noticed its date. :blush:

Don't think many will be under any illusion about the damage he did to the club in the 80s & 90s. (Ellis, that is, not Naz!)

• Like 1

80s certainly given we went down in a similar manner to how we declined under Lerner.

Not sure on the 90s, two league cups, a 2nd place finish, regular appearances in europe and regular top 6 finishes. Would be pretty happy with that coming back up!

It started going wrong again after we lost the cup final to Chelsea. Seemed all our major players wanted to leave after that and felt we generally just treaded water from that point on and gave up trying to compete with the better teams in the league.

5 hours ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Will never forgive how he damaged the club at key points of his tenure, and his random Trump-esque claims are often farcical, but I don’t doubt he loves the club. Happy birthday Doug.

Like inventing the bicycle kick..  :crylaugh:

Edited by AvfcRigo82

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Eh? :unsure:

Used to be how you subscribed to the list.  It was a collection of email addresses before the mailing list software.

I also scored no goals at Euronet in Nottingham

Â