2014 Holiday Plans

Xela

Can anybody (Tony) how doable a weeks holiday like this would be: flying to Sarajevo 3 days there, 1 day in Mostar followed by 3 days in Dubrovnik.  All looks close enough on maps, but not sure what the inter Croatian-Bosnian rail system is like.

Can anybody (Tony) how doable a weeks holiday like this would be: flying to Sarajevo 3 days there, 1 day in Mostar followed by 3 days in Dubrovnik.  All looks close enough on maps, but not sure what the inter Croatian-Bosnian rail system is like.

It's doable, definitely. There's only two trains to Mostar from Sarajevo each day though, one at 7am and then one at about 7pm. We unfortunately missed the early train but got a coach instead - views are incredible by the way.

From Mostar though, there's no trains, just coaches. When I was there, we went to Split and onto Hvar but there is definitely coaches to Dubrovnik, unsure on the price though. Think we paid about a tenner for a coach to Split.

Sarajevo and Mostar are lovely, make sure you have some cevapi.

Edited by Milfner

Funny enough I'm looking at very similar for part of my summer trip this year ( Mostar toMontenegro for me though  )

Easiest way from UK to Sarajevo appears to be via Belgrade (JAT - about £70 one way from Belgrade)  .. German wings via Munich if probably the other viable option  .. I'm happy with Jat as i want a few days in Belgrade anyway

train down to Mostar ( supposed to be scenic journey but also over crowded so maybe splurge and buy a first class ticket)

no trains Mostar to Dubrovnik but plenty of buses

http://www.buscroatia.com/dubrovnik-mostar/

Edit :  looks like someone beat me to it :)

Edited by tonyh29

Haven't had a holiday in 2.5 years so very much looking forward to going to Heraklion for 2 weeks in April. Friends wedding plus mostly bugger all tbh, aside from the mythic history stuff too. And I'm ok with that. I need a long stretch of sod all. Won't be scorching either then thank Christ. Then, if possible looking to do a Denmark-Sweden double bill in May/June time too if I can / it's not crazily expensive.

Cheers both.

I won't be flying direct to Sarajevo then by the looks of it?

look at it from the point of view that Belgrade might be worth a visit anyway  :)

(if you've not been before )

true .. depends what you like doing i guess .. I'd imagine Belgrade has more historical wise  .. I'd go to Belgrade just for the Tesla museum but appreciate that isn't everyone's cup of tea

I'm kinda in the same boat as I wanted to do Montenegro ,Albania, Macedonia and Kosovo whilst I'm in that neck of the woods but it's too much to squeeze in  ...even for me :)

• Like 1

Been told by my boss that our team needs to be more organised for hols this year, so looking at a trip away for 2 a bit earlier this year. Annoying thing is we dunno where we want to go, really.

Cyprus last year was very nice, Paphos is a lovely place for a week great weather and food (cheese aside) and let us chill and relax. Wouldn't mind a similar vibe.

Think I'll try and copy my boss as well, last year he had a big hol before our season kicked off, a smaller break in October and a couple of long weekends between. I kinda wasted my allowance instead...

I'm on the verge of booking a 2 week holiday in April to Orlando - anybody know the cheapest place to get tickets for the Universal parks? Disney directly seems to be the place for Disney World ones by the looks of it.

Only me and the mrs going (yes, truly into big kid mode, never got to go on holiday anywhere when I was little so making the most now!)

• Like 2

I went to Orlando three times as a kid, did all the parks etc but would love to go back now. I bet it has changed so much

• Like 1

I went to Orlando three times as a kid, did all the parks etc but would love to go back now. I bet it has changed so much

I remember as a kid always being fascinated by the Terminator 2 ride/experience at Universal whenever I would see it on TV. I only went on my first holiday last Summer and I'm 24, so now it is time to make up for lost time.

Anybody got any tips or advice specifically for Orlando?

I remember as a kid always being fascinated by the Terminator 2 ride/experience at Universal whenever I would see it on TV. I only went on my first holiday last Summer and I'm 24, so now it is time to make up for lost time.

Anybody got any tips or advice specifically for Orlando?

It may seem a little boring, but go and do the NASA thing. Quality.

• Like 1

I did Orlando in 2004 (10 years ago, fuuuuuuuuu-)

When i went, Islands of Adventure was the best theme park we went to. Blizzard Beach was the best water park.

Epcot is pretty average, but their firework display was spectacular.

Busch Gardens is also pretty decent but obviously a bit of a drive from Orlando.

Â