Lambert......the plan.....the future

Hairyhands

The club doesn't really owe the owner any money for his spending in any meaningful way. Effectively, all he's done is increase the amount of money he's paid for the club...it only really affects the profit or loss Lerner will make when he sells the club. Ultimately, it's his problem rather than ours.

I wish gthat were so. I don't think it quite is though. Mkney borrowed from the Family Trust has to be paid back. He could pay it back from his own money, but that lent money is not "his". I think I'm right in saying that the people who run the trust legally have to safeguard the money it holds. So yes they can agree to lend it out, but they also have a duty to recover it.

If that's right, then it'll have to be paid back. I think what he did was write off all the interest on the loans, by paying it himself, rather than the club having to pay it back, but I still think the actual capital will have to be repaid, and that'll (I think) come from operating profit. In other words, now the wages are under control, the profit the club makes will in part if not in full go to paying back those loans, and probably over a period of years, unless he either sells up, or decides to pay it from his personal funds.

I am not aware of any details, but usually it needs to be paid back yes. However, it doesn't have to be paid simultaneously as the team is sold, unless there's a clause in the loan documents stating so. Otherwise it will be paid back as agreed when the loan was made.

Everything is negotiable when/if the team is sold though.

Edited by AVTuco

I would not be surprised if Randy Lerner now let Aston Villa take on a bank loan at for example 50 mill pounds and used the loan so that the club repaid 50 mill of the debt to him.

He would get back some of his money and the club would end up with increased interest costs.

Edited by DeepDish

Lots of support and lots of "Lambert out". I don't post often but love reading the threads. Personally, I'm going to jump up on the fence (from the "Lambert out" side I might add). The football has been absolutely brutal on the eye since the man took over (I'm not saying it was better before that, just in case I get hacked down for that comment). The only game in the last season and a half that I can say was good to watch as a villa fan was Sunderland 6-1, not sure if anyone remembers that ;-) Anyway, it's the new year so optimism over anything else, let's give the crew at the villa a month to get a few new faces (not shite from the Afghanistan second division) in and see if lambo can start climbing the table. Up the villa!

HH can you pass this message to Lambert please.......more 6-1 wins please

I would not be surprised if Randy Lerner now let Aston Villa take on a bank loan at for example 50 mill pounds and used the loan so that the club repaid 50 mill of the debt to him.

He would get back some of his money and the club would end up with increased interest costs.

I wouldn't have thought this scenario is likely

Just re reading this thread again - are we forever limited to paying wages only up to £30k ?

If so it would seem unlikley that Delph will sign a new deal - and the chances of any experienced players joining this window would seem slim....

• Like 1

Just re reading this thread again - are we forever limited to paying wages only up to £30k ?

If so it would seem unlikley that Delph will sign a new deal - and the chances of any experienced players joining this window would seem slim....

Benteke is on 55k and Weimann is on 35k reportedly.

Benteke isn't on as much as 50k but Delph earns just over that. I think he might have cost more than the rest of the team if not yesterday then the previous game. He's improving but hot to play much better to justify that wage.

Manager was quoted 90k a week for a defender.....is at a top four club, hardly plays, and club not willing to make any contribution to the players wages. I'm sure you will know who I mean. Would have been great even if only short term. But couldn't get close to affording that!

I take it you mean Delph wages ?  - We if he is on 50kpw - thats means the other 10 are 5k pw .....including Gabby - who we know is our top earner ?

Doesn't sound promising for Delph's new contract......

This is also my worry. As soon as anyone plays well and we win a few games the players will want more or out (Benteke). We will be back to square one.

Also when we beat teams like Arsenal and Man City and you know the wages they earn, I reckon that leaves a player wondering why am I only on 5k. If I want more I have to leave.

• Like 1

This time last year, £2 million for Lescott for 4 months would have been worth it to buy survival.

We couldn't justify that now-Money would be better spent contributing to a permanent signing in the summer.

You could probably loan Lukaku for cheaper than that.

Delph got a new contract a few years ago as it would of been as a first teamer he would of got similar to what others where on.I would imagine Albrighton is in the same boat.

Delph obviously won't get that again but I doubt anyone else will offer him similar so hopefully we can keep him

Delph is 50k per week?! That can't be right can it?

Delph is on the MON contract structure. He got his contract back when we were paying out big money.

It will be very interesting to see what happens when his current deal runs out becasue he will have to take a pay cut if he is going to sign another contract with us.

Delph is 50k per week?! That can't be right can it?

I'd assume that is close, he was highly rated at Leeds, we offered him possibly 35k to join as a teenager, then increased it when Houllier was manager.

Ah. I didn't think he got any significant increase when his contract was renewed.